How to be seen as boyfriend material not a friend? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yeh, all in the title. Too many times, girls see me as a friend material not boyfriend material. So I was looking for some advice
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Anyone? O.o

ReputationRep:
    Wait a little longer than five minutes for a reply...

But I dunno, flirt a bit more or something. You can't make a girl like you as more than a friend.

ReputationRep:
    Flirt with them more - show them you're interested in more than just friendship

ReputationRep:
    If your listening to music and she asks to listen to it, tell her no. Girls love guys that are mysterious.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by dymphna)
    Wait a little longer than five minutes for a reply...

But I dunno, flirt a bit more or something. You can't make a girl like you as more than a friend.
    Sorry :/

And true...every single girl I like, it seems to be the same old story that I'm a good listener and stuff but they see me as nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    You need to act confident and make your appearence the best you can, you can't be nice all the time you do need a dark mysterious side but try not to be to creepy.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing but female . Oh well.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    You need to act confident and make your appearence the best you can, you can't be nice all the time you do need a dark mysterious side but try not to be to creepy.
    Maybe I'm too nice?

This is quite a hard question because relationships are friendship+more, so you do need to be seen as a friend, too! If you know what I mean?

The difference between a friend and a boyfriend is sexual, to be honest. Flirting is the obvious answer here.
    There's also the aspect of wanting to be close to them a lot. Make sure she enjoys time with you.

Time with her + flirting = boyfriend material, it would seem.

look moody...not too moody but a lil moody...and look a lil rugged. Phsycologically (sp?), girls are naturally attracted because they assume you have more testosterone. *Scientifically proven*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Yeh, all in the title. Too many times, girls see me as a friend material not boyfriend material. So I was looking for some advice
    Tease them, insult them without being serious, like "you're fat, LOLZ" is a big no no but light hearted jokes work wonders.

And don't leave it too long either, after a month or more they usually automatically consider you 'too much of a friend'

ReputationRep:
    Be more pushy and manly and flirty?

Not that whole playboy thing but some of it would be ok.
    Girls like indeed nice guys, but a bad boy charm is always a plus :>

Just say it - lets date - don't wait too long because then u become friend material.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Maybe I'm too nice?
    Most probably yes

ReputationRep:
    Easy. Make your intentions clearer from the start.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by God of War)
    Easy. Make your intentions clearer from the start.
    I do that and they're always put off. :|

ReputationRep:
    Say:

"I know we're friends but I would love to bone you!"

ReputationRep:
    To be seen as boyfriend material,
    all one needs is to be smoking hot. :awesome:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Eddie_90)
    Tease them, insult them without being serious, like "you're fat, LOLZ" is a big no no but light hearted jokes work wonders.

And don't leave it too long either, after a month or more they usually automatically consider you 'too much of a friend'
    Wierdly enough I can do that with my ex - don't ask about her, it wasn't meant to happen and was a whirlwind romance that broke up rather quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I do think there's such a thing as being too nice...though that's not to say be a first rate douche :awesome:

Ditto flirty banter - if you intend on being more than friends, don't just treat her like a friend

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.