• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by football mad)
    I don't understand how girls can do that, dump someone then go out with another person a day later. She must have some great pulling power, but some girls can find a boyfriend easily and don't have to work at it.
    Well she wasn't the prettiest girl at the time and I'm not good looking either but she moved to someone who is horrible...he had the bad guy thing going on soooo...

ReputationRep:
    Well male friends I have had for ages become my brothers in a way, I help them out with problems with girls, they help me out with problems with guys, I get along with guys a lot better. Dating one of my male friends would seem so wrong, it just wouldn't work I would hate it!

Meeting a new guy though if they ask to date me out on dates I assume he is after something more than friendship, and girls can tell when you want to be more than a friend, give small hints and compliments, they will catch on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Well she wasn't the prettiest girl at the time and I'm not good looking either but she moved to someone who is horrible...he had the bad guy thing going on soooo...
    deleted

ReputationRep:
    Make yourself unavailable, and make sure she knows you are busy. If she comes to you talk as a friend; turn her away and say you are busy. If she persists then ask why she keep coming to you. If she does not explain clearly then she may like you. But if she does then you can play harder to get, or you can use this as an opportunity to clarify your own feelings. You could lose her as a friend, though.

ReputationRep:
    Wierdly enough I can do that with my ex - don't ask about her, it wasn't meant to happen and was a whirlwind romance that broke up rather quickly.
    Haha, I had one exactly the same a couple of years back, was a two week fling really. I went out with a girl a few months later and I've been with her since so it's all good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Eddie_90)
    Haha, I had one exactly the same a couple of years back, was a two week fling really. I went out with a girl a few months later and I've been with her since so it's all good.
    I wanted mine to last but she ended it not me. Sod her tbh

ReputationRep:
    just flirt subtly, girls will get the message then
    but dont be too keen= not cool, remain slightly mysteriousss
    ha
    goood luck

ReputationRep:
    I wanted mine to last but she ended it not me. Sod her tbh
    Good on ya!

Let me guess, she was a bit of a ho?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Eddie_90)
    Good on ya!

Let me guess, she was a bit of a ho?
    Wasn't then but is now She's moving around alot. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Flirt fairly soon after meeting her. If you hang out a few times without doing that, you are probably permanently in the friend zone. You can also tell by how she responds whether or not she just wants to be friends.
    For me, though, honestly there has to be some kind of initial physical and personal attraction, or I will just want to be friends.

ReputationRep:
    Get mutual friends to make it clear you like the person that you like.

ReputationRep:
    are you fit?

say i wana **** you....they soon get the messege

ReputationRep:
    Grr, I have the same problem as the OP, I feel for you mate.
    It is really annoying and it's murderous for your self esteem.
    The advice the girls on this thread seem to offer is good enough on paper, but I've tried it and girls pick even really sutble flirting up in an instant and, point it out to me and laugh a bit or put on the pity parade and do the old "you'll find someone" line.
    Ever notice that?:
    "You'll find someone" means "Get away from me, creep!"
    "Girls like confident guys" means "Girls like attractive guys"
    "Aww" means "It's like being flirted with by a 6 year old!"
    "You're sweet and kind" means "You're like a big sister!"
    "You're funny" means "you're freaky and you'll grow up to be a mental patient".
    That's my interpretation anyway...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ANAH)
    are you fit?
    I'm not going to blow my own trumpet so I'm not fit but I'm not bad looking either - I HOPE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dymphna)
    Wait a little longer than five minutes for a reply...

But I dunno, flirt a bit more or something. You can't make a girl like you as more than a friend.
    You can
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Jibriltz)
    Grr, I have the same problem as the OP, I feel for you mate.
    It is really annoying and it's murderous for your self esteem.
    The advice the girls on this thread seem to offer is good enough on paper, but I've tried it and girls pick even really sutble flirting up in an instant and, point it out to me and laugh a bit or put on the pity parade and do the old "you'll find someone" line.
    Ever notice that?:
    "You'll find someone" means "Get away from me, creep!"
    "Girls like confident guys" means "Girls like attractive guys"
    "Aww" means "It's like being flirted with by a 6 year old!"
    "You're sweet and kind" means "You're like a big sister!"
    "You're funny" means "you're freaky and you'll grow up to be a mental patient".
    That's my interpretation anyway...
    It kills your self-esteem dude. I'm running out of mine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to blow my own trumpet so I'm not fit but I'm not bad looking either - I HOPE.

pic?

ReputationRep:
    sex appeal my friend

ReputationRep:
    Being seen as a friend rather than boyfriend material comes down to how attractive you are or aren't. If a girl doesn't see find attractive but thinks you've got an agreeable enough personality to associate with you then she's going to see you as a friend. However you behave to her she's not going to see you as boyfriend material unless she's physically attracted to you, it doesn't matter how nasty/masculine or whatever you behave to her. Equally if a girl finds you attractive, she's going to put you in 'boyfriend material' category straight away....when girls see a guy they fancy in a bar, before they've even spoken to them they have the guy in "potential boyfriend" category.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.