The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Deyesy
I haven't given much away?

Well you haven't told us what your like and what girls say to you when your not seen a bf material. So its hard to see where your going wrong. :p:
Reply 81
Deyesy
Sorry :/

And true...every single girl I like, it seems to be the same old story that I'm a good listener and stuff but they see me as nothing else.

maybe your going after people who are out of your league, Lower your standards a bit and dont just go after the hot ones.
Reply 82
Apollo_17
maybe your going after people who are out of your league, Lower your standards a bit and dont just go after the hot ones.

Haha. Well after today I'm not bothered what I say about my ex...lets say she definately wasn't pretty...

I know what girls are out of my league and the really pretty ones are out my league. I'm a realist.
Reply 83
Giggles128
Well you haven't told us what your like and what girls say to you when your not seen a bf material. So its hard to see where your going wrong. :p:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=401440039&albumID=278239&imageID=18579458#a=278239&i=18579458

Yeh...Horrible but it's the best picture I have.
Reply 84

You obviously understand what your league is looks-wise, but have you considered it personality-wise?

From your profile, you seem to be slightly -and I mean no offence- geeky. If girls know you in this light, they will never ever be able to pull the kind of girls that you want.

If this is the case, what you need to do is stop flirting with girls at your college/people you already know. You need to get out there and find girls you don't know.

No girls say "awh" when you flirt, unless you're bad at it and/or you're too young for them, OR you already know them.

So overall my advice is to get out there and find girls who don't know you, and employ the techniques listed in this thread.
Reply 85
if you're desperate grab her in a headlock and see how she reacts. If she doesn't complain then you're in :smile:
Reply 86
mikeybey
You obviously understand what your league is looks-wise, but have you considered it personality-wise?

From your profile, you seem to be slightly -and I mean no offence- geeky. If girls know you in this light, they will never ever be able to pull the kind of girls that you want.

If this is the case, what you need to do is stop flirting with girls at your college/people you already know. You need to get out there and find girls you don't know.

No girls say "awh" when you flirt, unless you're bad at it and/or you're too young for them, OR you already know them.

So overall my advice is to get out there and find girls who don't know you, and employ the techniques listed in this thread.

I don't mean to come over geeky at all :| Nor do I want to come over as something that I'm not...it's a hard one.

The flirting thing is hard, I have low self-confidence so. :/
Reply 87
Deyesy
I don't mean to come over geeky at all :| Nor do I want to come over as something that I'm not...it's a hard one.

The flirting thing is hard, I have low self-confidence so. :/

Flirting isn't hard at all. You've just got to train yourself to not give a **** about anyone in the room but you. It's simple really. The way to start is by going to places - fairs, parties, gigs, whatever. Just walk up to someone you like the look of and introduce yourself. Ask them how they're doing etc, maybe drop a joke to practice then say bye.

Do this for a bit, then you'll get the confidence to actually try to flirt with girls. Start off with low standards, maybe a girl a bit younger (Obviously the limit being 2 years at our age) or a rough girl. Just keep practising and it'll get easy enough that you just forget any self-confidence issues.

As for the geeky, I shouldn't have used that word. What I meant was... eager. Yeah, eager.
be innuendous, but be careful not to cross the line between funny and creepy :s-smilie:
Reply 89
put your gowd dam man pants on son? sheet its not that hard
Reply 90
mikeybey
Flirting isn't hard at all. You've just got to train yourself to not give a **** about anyone in the room but you. It's simple really. The way to start is by going to places - fairs, parties, gigs, whatever. Just walk up to someone you like the look of and introduce yourself. Ask them how they're doing etc, maybe drop a joke to practice then say bye.

Do this for a bit, then you'll get the confidence to actually try to flirt with girls. Start off with low standards, maybe a girl a bit younger (Obviously the limit being 2 years at our age) or a rough girl. Just keep practising and it'll get easy enough that you just forget any self-confidence issues.

As for the geeky, I shouldn't have used that word. What I meant was... eager. Yeah, eager.

You give really good advice :smile:

Eager? Explain? Haha.
Reply 91
Barden
be innuendous, but be careful not to cross the line between funny and creepy :s-smilie:

I love your sig matey. :biggrin: Love philosophical quotes like that.
Reply 92
Deyesy
You give really good advice :smile:

Eager? Explain? Haha.

Lets look at your profile. Bear in mind I may be completely wrong about this, because sometimes peoples profiles don't represent how they are in real life.

"My favourite movie is Kung Fu Panda! Pretty much any movie with Jack Black in it is class."

This makes me think that you probably give too much information too quickly. When on the pull, you really need to keep as much hidden from girls as possible unless the conversation requires it.

(I agree Jack Black is quality in films though, absolutely love him!)

"Studied at St.Margarets for 6 years now."

I don't know St.Margarets, and neither will any girls you approach who don't already know you. This makes me think you probably become too friendly quickly, hence being friend-zoned. Girls like guys who aren't instantly chummy with them. It's so cliche, but you need to play hard to get!

"I'm a Liverpool supporter and will NEVER EVER buy the sun. Justice for the 96!"

This works really well. Girls love guys with passion for football. It makes them think "Wow, he does have a loving side" without you looking like a girl. Keep this up, but don't make it too obvious of course!

I hope you don't feel that I'm slagging you off, because I don't intend to. Again, as I said at the start, I'm basing this on your internet persona and it may be nothing like the real you!
Reply 93
mikeybey
Lets look at your profile. Bear in mind I may be completely wrong about this, because sometimes peoples profiles don't represent how they are in real life.

"My favourite movie is Kung Fu Panda! Pretty much any movie with Jack Black in it is class."

This makes me think that you probably give too much information too quickly. When on the pull, you really need to keep as much hidden from girls as possible unless the conversation requires it.

(I agree Jack Black is quality in films though, absolutely love him!)

"Studied at St.Margarets for 6 years now."

I don't know St.Margarets, and neither will any girls you approach who don't already know you. This makes me think you probably become too friendly quickly, hence being friend-zoned. Girls like guys who aren't instantly chummy with them. It's so cliche, but you need to play hard to get!

"I'm a Liverpool supporter and will NEVER EVER buy the sun. Justice for the 96!"

This works really well. Girls love guys with passion for football. It makes them think "Wow, he does have a loving side" without you looking like a girl. Keep this up, but don't make it too obvious of course!

I hope you don't feel that I'm slagging you off, because I don't intend to. Again, as I said at the start, I'm basing this on your internet persona and it may be nothing like the real you!

Ahhhh Dudeeeee, your class. Haha. I'll get around to those changes now. :smile:

Your right though :smile: I'm putting off girls before they even talk to me.
This is a lovely MANLY chat we're having here. Very interesting, i'm intriguied.
Reply 95
Deyesy
Yeh, all in the title. Too many times, girls see me as a friend material not boyfriend material. So I was looking for some advice :smile:

Be my flirtatious and funny jokes that insult her, but don't be too harsh!
Watch out for her hitting you on the jokes = good sign :smile: It's an excuse to touch you!
Maybe try and say do you want to go to the movies or someting? But make sure its just you two alone!
Good luck.
Reply 96
mikeybey

Any girl who likes football and is reasonably intelligent will think you're a moron if you say this. Scapegoating...
Reply 97
13ecca
Be my flirtatious and funny jokes that insult her, but don't be too harsh!
Watch out for her hitting you on the jokes = good sign :smile: It's an excuse to touch you!
Maybe try and say do you want to go to the movies or someting? But make sure its just you two alone!
Good luck.

I'll need more than luck but thanks :smile:
Reply 98
Lateralus
Any girl who likes football and is reasonably intelligent will think you're a moron if you say this. Scapegoating...

A girl who is both intelligent and into football? Yeah right :wink:

Anyway, it's not what he says that is important. It's the passion. There is statistical evidence for what I claimed. Girls would rather see passion for sport than no passion at all.
Reply 99
Original post by Eddie_90
Tease them, insult them without being serious, like "you're fat, LOLZ" is a big no no but light hearted jokes work wonders.

And don't leave it too long either, after a month or more they usually automatically consider you 'too much of a friend'

i don't think it has much to do with time - i'd rather be friends with a boy before dating him.
there isn't really a way to keep yourself out of the friend zone, you'll just meet a girl and it will click! :3

Latest