Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how would u recomend me to take my money bearing in mind i am 17 and am not allowed a credit card

ReputationRep:
    I went 2 years ago. Including the ticket (about £270) I spent about £1250. That was purely on alcohol, food and accomodation; and trust me, you'll enjoy the alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    you won't be able to get a nationwide visa debit account i don't think due to age (even if you had enough time so you probably don't) and this is the only bank account that offers free withdrawals (in some countries)

what debit card do you have for your bank account? Some card types are more reliable than others when it comes to withdrawing abroad

You'll end up being charged for withdrawals but it's probably the best way. It means you don't have to carry round all your money at once. If most countries you're going to are in the Eurozone, get as many Euros as you feel comfortable with carrying around before you go

Once out there, to avoid spending too much on bank charges, do the same - minimise the amount of withdrawals by taking out as much money as you want to carry around

I suppose this amount should never be more than what you can afford to lose. You could also spread this around in luggage/pockets so if you're mugged, the thief shouldn't get all your money

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.