Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've just started the short course of GCSE Drama, and for our devised thematic work, we have to each make up a character and develop it.

*Does anyone know the criteria for a good, believable character? I know they need to be 3-D, have flaws, a history, etc...

*Are we even going to be marked on the quality of the play? Or is it all marked on the acting?

*Also, any tips on devised thematic work as a whole? It's going to be tricky for me as I prefer working with scripts.

Thanks so much!

One is a little difficult to answer, and it might be easier for you to post ideas on your character and then people can help develop the character if needed.

Two - Should be all on acting I believe, unless you're told otherwise.

Three - Don't sit around and discuss things, stand up always and try things out!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.