Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how can I appear more attractive to girls? Watch

I am a kind guy and friendly but I am not especially attractive. I am average height, quite skinny, brown hair, large brown eyes (that's what my parents say anyway), no facial hair. I'm just an average sort of guy looks-wise, nothing special, and it makes me lack loads of confidence. I try to talk to girls but I think they will immediately reject me for my looks. How should I improve my looks and be able to attract more girls?

ReputationRep:
    You've got to be careful with some of these girls, you speak to them and they sometimes blank you.

ReputationRep:
    Its a confidence issue, not looks.

Don't worry about the fear of rejection, it happens, and no girl is going to be so harsh as to say 'your ugly, don't talk to me'

Feel confident in yourself and it shines through to others.

ReputationRep:
    Work on your character! You have been misled by the homo/hor matrix (the media) that girls desire men for the looks - this is untrue! Girls look towards a mans character more than anything.

I'll give you a few pointers on what defines a man:

a courageous heart,
    a confrontational and a hostile mind,
    a protective spirit,
    a productive and industrious nature,
    a bold attitude,
    a relentless mindset, oriented towards strict discipline.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If they reject you for your looks then they weren't worth pursuing anyway. If you're 'quite skinny' why don't you try gaining some muscle or something? Ultimately a girl is going to want a guy that is kind and loving rather than some stud with a **** personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGjeff)
    Its a confidence issue, not looks.

Don't worry about the fear of rejection, it happens, and no girl is going to be so harsh as to say 'your ugly, don't talk to me'

Feel confident in yourself and it shines through to others.
    This.

Even if you aren't the best looking person around, girls will still find you attractive if you're confident around them.

ReputationRep:
    Get a decent hair cut.
    If you have patchy facial hair keep it clean shaven.
    Buy nice clothes.
    Beef up a little.
    Etc.

But most of all ... BE CONFIDENT (not arrogant, there's a difference).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a kind guy and friendly but I am not especially attractive. I am average height, quite skinny, brown hair, large brown eyes (that's what my parents say anyway), no facial hair. I'm just an average sort of guy looks-wise, nothing special, and it makes me lack loads of confidence. I try to talk to girls but I think they will immediately reject me for my looks. How should I improve my looks and be able to attract more girls?
    It's confidence that will ultimately make you more attractive :yep: even good-looking girls & boys will struggle without it. A change in wardrobe + appearance might well help, but should serve to boost confidence, not just looks directly. But your time would be better spent boosting your confidence by other means, which hopefully others will touch upon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have these features in bold, Ok lets start with your face, get a cool haircut and style it or you can go for the indie look and get straightners. If you have a monobrow please good shave it. When it's sunny try and sit outside to get a good tan on use a tanning machine, but not to much. With your body as your skinny kinda like me you should get to the gym, it's worked well for me and building up muscles will do great for every aspect of attractiveness to a female. Get some stylish clothes if you have money, maybe chain or bracelet. Get nice shoes girls don't want to see dead scruffy pair of old trainers.

I don't like what you first wrote ' I am kind and freindly' these are traits for girls to only be your freind and i'm not saying be nasty but you do need a bit of a dark side to you and a bit of aggression, show some stubburness that you won't back down or doing everything your told, It's quite attractive to be a bit of a rebel.

Last of all body language. Improve your stance and walk, don't have a massive hunchback walk like your depressed have your arms free. When your sitting down for example in a cafe spread your legs make yourself comfertable, use the space and don't be shy in taking the room, when talking to a girl you HAVE to be funny and confident, find some common ground with her and try and tease her about something.

You do need to stand out from the crowd but not too much like a clown, just fake your confidence if you don't have any and over time that confidence will come naturally.

Any other question ask me and i'd be happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    Work on your character! You have been misled by the homo/hor matrix (the media) that girls desire men for the looks - this is untrue! Girls look towards a mans character more than anything.

I'll give you a few pointers on what defines a man:

a courageous heart,
    a confrontational and a hostile mind,
    a protective spirit,
    a productive and industrious nature,
    a bold attitude,
    a relentless mindset, oriented towards strict discipline.
    Dr. Phil!!! I've always wanted to meet you!

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself!
    I find that guys who are fake aren't the ones I'm attracted to, as long as they are hygenic, smeell good, are very smiling, open and friendly and kind and a gentleman, I tend to find them very attractive indeed!

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with the comments here particularly God of Wars list.

I'd like to reiterate that posture really makes a difference.
    I believe posture is more important than facial good looks along with hygiene.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.