Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you pay to go to the gym? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    £0 - i work at the sports centre where the gym is at, so i get it for free!

ReputationRep:
    £6.50 induction, £2.30-2.50 per session thereafter

(Original post by milan5baros)
    that sounds alot.

Currently pay £30 at JJB fitness, but moving to a proper local gym that charges around £20 a month.
    Out of interest, you don't rate JJB Fitness? (was considering moving to the one in town)

ReputationRep:
    Free!

Work as a lifeguard in the uni sport centre so I get to use all the facilities for free.

ReputationRep:
    £4 a week, which includes use of swimming pool and sauna as well as the gym. No pricey inductions either :woo:

ReputationRep:
    £5 induction then £2.50 whenever i want to go, plus £1.60 for use of the pool - no contracts or terms or anything, that lasts until i stop being a student

ReputationRep:
    I don't go the the gym. I go for jogs along the canal, and do 'toning' in the comfort of my own homeee..

I keep getting calls from a fitness first personal instructor though, whilst in town they were offering a free month of membership, and hassled me for my details, and rings daily from his 'personal mobile' ahhhh they must be desperate for members, or I looked desperate for a good work out !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    I don't go the the gym. I go for jogs along the canal, and do 'toning' in the comfort of my own homeee..

I keep getting calls from a fitness first personal instructor though, whilst in town they were offering a free month of membership, and hassled me for my details, and rings daily from his 'personal mobile' ahhhh they must be desperate for members, or I looked desperate for a good work out !
    Not really

The place near me costs £30 pound a month but when I move into my halls of residence at uni in September I get a free membership. Good times. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    £16 a month includes gym any time, any fitness classes, any sports and swimming pretty gd

ReputationRep:
    25 quid a month for an off peak membership

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, i'm a lazy swearword.

There's a treadmill at home though if that counts

ReputationRep:
    £32pm

Edit: I should just add, this is for Total Fitness, excellent place and they provide loads of 'classes' to go to and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I paid £99 for three months, but it's very nice and it's sort of giving me more motivation to go. Plus it means that I can go swimming whenever I want, which is also very useful.

ReputationRep:
    £15, monthly.
    That was when I was under sixteen though, I've left now so I'm not sure if it changes.

ReputationRep:
    £15 a month for students but i get it free cause i work at the hotel where the gym is, includes a smallish pool and sauna, does the job for me

ReputationRep:
    Nothing ... home gym ftw.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Fitness First, which I know is horrendously expensive but, I have a personal trainer for my first month, and unlimited use of the gym for the three months I'm subscribed for. Oh, and I can have as many cups of coffee as I like :P

I think Fitness First is about £30 a month, but as I have nothing else to do till term begins, it isn't really a huge loss.

When I go back to University I'll use the town gym which charges £1.75 (I think) per session. The town gym isn't as good, usually gets quite busy, but when I joined it I was indecisive so paying per visit made sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Not really
    Thanks

Not liking your sig though ! :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    Dear me, I think this will top you all sadly

£51 per month (student). Does include sessions with a personal trainer, pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and a whole host of various classes throughout the week, pilates, yoga, aerobic (various), urban dance etc etc.

Look at me trying to justify it lol.

ReputationRep:
    £40 per month... but worth it :woo:

ReputationRep:
    £18 per month - student membership.

I believe because of the recession, the gym has lowered normal prices, so even for non-students, if you commit to a longer membership deal, it can work out at as little as £20 per month. BARGAIN. And this includes use of sauna and 25m swimming pool too.

:yep:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.