Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you pay to go to the gym? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Thanks

Not liking your sig though ! :naughty:
    I swing both ways, not in terms of gender though :p:

ReputationRep:
    £20 a month off peak with student discount. Is £40 any time otherwise. Get swimming with that and is a good gym. Is £20 any time without swimming when im at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    I swing both ways, not in terms of gender though :p:
    That's okay then, :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ixthus)
    I'm with Fitness First, which I know is horrendously expensive but, I have a personal trainer for my first month, and unlimited use of the gym for the three months I'm subscribed for. Oh, and I can have as many cups of coffee as I like :P

I think Fitness First is about £30 a month, but as I have nothing else to do till term begins, it isn't really a huge loss.

When I go back to University I'll use the town gym which charges £1.75 (I think) per session. The town gym isn't as good, usually gets quite busy, but when I joined it I was indecisive so paying per visit made sense.
    But coffee and exercise will kill you!!!

ReputationRep:
    £37 a month (discluding golf) plus £120 joining fee (but I flirted with the guy so I got it for £40)

ReputationRep:
    £2.10 each time I go. Considered getting a monthly thing but not sure I'd be able to get my money's worth, I just like going when I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)
    I paid £70 for 3 months on a student contract.
    Which do you go to?
    I didn't even know there was a gym near us?

Free, OP, because I make my dad buy all my gym equipment :yep:

ReputationRep:
    £17 a month (student package)- can use it anytime, & how many times i like thats why im shoooo shexxyyy

ReputationRep:
    How much do I pay to go to the gym? Laziness = nothing.

How much do I pay not to go?! Student discount = £21 per month.

ReputationRep:
    30 a month..quality gym though

ReputationRep:
    When I worked at Bannatynes it was free. Although that particular chain is quite expensive.

Now I work for Corus and they have an on-site gym costing £10 per year. So for me it's gone up lol.

ReputationRep:
    To SpiritedAway - The Dewsbury Leisure Centre Gym

'I didn't even know that there was a gym near us'

Do I know you?

ReputationRep:
    15 a month. Has everything I need and is never full. Perfect.

ReputationRep:
    £46 a month at Virgin Active. It's more than id like to pay but it is pretty good to be fair and everything is included. Such a price also motivates me to go 3+ times a week to get my money's worth. An hour on the bike also flies by when there is a personal screen attached with sky tv hooked up to it!

ReputationRep:
    Used to pay nearly £400 a year, suffice to say my membership was only for one year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irish_4_life)
    £20 a month for as often as I want to go
    This.

ReputationRep:
    £4.50 per session.

ReputationRep:
    £2.50 a session (mates rates), everyone else pays £3.50 if you are a student , £4.50 if you are older. No one does monthly payments because the owner knows that some would stiff him. If you haven't got the sub you F off.

ReputationRep:
    My bank account just got raped for £76 by virgin active, £15 joining fee and £61 for the membership

Skanking free passes off a workmate for Cannons - can't afford the membership, and the price options were awful - but will soon be back to uni. £80/year - winner!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.