Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you pay to go to the gym? Watch

ReputationRep:
    2.30 a go, and thats with my discount card.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with JJB Fitness and I think It's about £30 a month I'm paying and I can go as often as I like. I also get access to the pool, steam room and jacuzzis. Theres like loads and loads of classes included in the price as well =) Not bad considering I'm going everyday, definately getting my moneys worth!

ReputationRep:
    mine is £2.15 per session and the weights room has EVERYTHING. Admittedly the machines aren'y good but i don't use them anyway. I'll enjoy the uni gym at £10 a year next year

ReputationRep:
    Mine is £27 wen u pay with cash and £24 wen u pay with a card but u have to sign up for 4 months to pay with a card - which isnt realstic for me cos i go home during the holidays for uni and this gym is round the corner for my house. On the plus side though i do have use of the pool and aqua aerobics, although im yet to go to that as its full of old people lol.
    The other good thing about this gym is that im happy to pay more not to see any1 i know from uni with no makeup, looking sweaty and being stinky :P
    Uni gym is apparently £12 per month? but ive heard its bad and very busy, myn is closer to my house than uni and im usually the only one in it!

ReputationRep:
    My uni one- well I joined for the spring and summer term, so around 5 months for £80 but that was off peak and its just a gym and classes, no swimming pool or fancy sauna or anything.
    Now I'm home for the summer- its £24 a month (+£15 "joining" fee) and thats gym, classes and a swimming pool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qrace)
    Theres like a million threads asking this

£70 a month at david lloyd, decent gym
    ABSOLUTE RIPOFF!

My gym at home is £25 a month.

Uni gym is £100 for a year, so £8.30 a month :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Can you join the gym for 2 months? I want to, but I don't have a debit card and I think they make you pay for the whole year.
    is there a marriott hotel near you? i just got a six week membership with the birmingham one for £59. 6am-11pm, gym, pool, sauna, and it's really nice and quiet as they're mostly just used by the occasional hotel guest. oh, and they have really big towels, conditioner and hanging space in the lockers :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    is there a marriott hotel near you? i just got a six week membership with the birmingham one for £59. 6am-11pm, gym, pool, sauna, and it's really nice and quiet as they're mostly just used by the occasional hotel guest. oh, and they have really big towels, conditioner and hanging space in the lockers :o:
    There is actually! I might check that out, if I can work out how to get there by bus...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.