Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone know what causes this and what I can do to fix it? It's only in the past few weeks this has occurred, before I was fine with sex. I'm female. I haven't, and nor has my partner, got an STD. I tried googling but most answers seem to be related to discharge and burning during peeing which I don't have.

ReputationRep:
    a burning pain (if not caused by an STD or other infection) will be from friction.
    So I would say try some lube if you don't already.
    Or, sometimes you can get into a mental cycle where you're expecting it to hurt, so you tense up and that's what makes it hurt.
    You could try looking up vaginismus and see if that fits.
    But without knowing more it's not easy to say.

good luck with it, these sorts of things can be really frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    Please get yourself checked out for a urinary tract infection - I had the symptoms you're describing, and sure enough I had a UTI. Don't worry, it's easily treated with antibiotics, but it's important that it's caught early.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure that you're ready for sex (physically and mentally), and use lots of lube.

ReputationRep:
    IT does sound like a UTI to me...

I recently had this. The cause is obvious now (now it's stopped), I wasn't wet enough and the friction caused the skin to irrate. And then I didn't give it enough time to heal before doing it again. And oh god, it hurt so bad

Stop having sex for about a week or however long needed for you to feel normal down there. And make sure you get really REALLY wet next time

ReputationRep:
    Have you recently changed lube or condoms? you may be sensitive to some of the ingredients if you are not having a burning sensation when you urinate. A doctor will be able to help you.

i have a burning sensation when i have a thrush (which is about once a year, when i have stress and eat too much sugar). i have no other symptoms, like itching or anything...

ReputationRep:
    Could be this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulvodynia

ReputationRep:
    http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4c..._story_bro.jpg

9/10, burning is cos there aint enough lube... or the guy is rushing and the girl aint ready.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.