Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Holiday in the UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on going away with my boyfriend in September, just before uni starts.

We were thinking somewhere with good nightlife, good sights to see, but maybe even near the countryside? We live in London. And we're already going to Edinburgh fringe festival this year (taking up a play), so no Edinburgh suggestions (can't wait!)

Any suggestions?

THanks

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow?

ReputationRep:
    Take the Eurostar to Paris from St. Pancras and spend a few nights there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorian gray)
    Take the Eurostar to Paris from St. Pancras and spend a few nights there
    Ooh, i really REALLY would like to. But with the euro the way it is? Maybe not this year

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff? Birmingham? Oxford? Bristol? They're all fairly nice places, with countryside not tooooo far away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    Cardiff? Birmingham? Oxford? Bristol? They're all fairly nice places, with countryside not tooooo far away
    Unfortunately, I've been to all those places.Well...bar Oxford properly. But for some reason, it doesn't appeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    I'm planning on going away with my boyfriend in September, just before uni starts.

We were thinking somewhere with good nightlife, good sights to see, but maybe even near the countryside? We live in London. And we're already going to Edinburgh fringe festival this year (taking up a play), so no Edinburgh suggestions (can't wait!)

Any suggestions?

THanks
    Isle of wight has much to so and has some gorgeous beaches too.

ReputationRep:
    I personally recommend Newcastle. You've got the sights, like the Tyne bridge and the Co-op hall, the nightlife, and you've even got the Northumberland National Park within driving distance. It's also on the seaside.

And as for Paris, I wholeheartedly recommend it (you live in London and haven't been on the Eurostar yet?!) and I don't really think you'll notice the difference with the euro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Isle of wight has much to so and has some gorgeous beaches too.
    That's such a good idea! I hadn't even thought of it. I'm already looking into it Thank you!

(Original post by rockrunride)
    I personally recommend Newcastle. You've got the sights, like the Tyne bridge and the Co-op hall, the nightlife, and you've even got the Northumberland National Park within driving distance. It's also on the seaside.

And as for Paris, I wholeheartedly recommend it (you live in London and haven't been on the Eurostar yet?!) and I don't really think you'll notice the difference with the euro.
    Hmm. Newcastle? It never really appealed to me... Well, I never said whether i've been on the eurostar or not! I have actually been on it. But my dad works for BA, so flying works out a lot cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    That's such a good idea! I hadn't even thought of it. I'm already looking into it Thank you!

Hmm. Newcastle? It never really appealed to me... Well, I never said whether i've been on the eurostar or not! I have actually been on it. But my dad works for BA, so flying works out a lot cheaper.
    I'm jealous of your old man. This is like a sex object to me:

Spoiler:
    Show

Good old A321. Anyway, iirc BA have a few flights a day LHR-NCL and if it's cheap, go for it! But if it doesn't appeal..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    I'm jealous of your old man. This is like a sex object to me:

Spoiler:
    Show

Good old A321. Anyway, iirc BA have a few flights a day LHR-NCL and if it's cheap, go for it! But if it doesn't appeal..
    Haha. Thank you! Well it's cheap for me, but not for the boyfriend. He doesn't get the tickets...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.