Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uni relationships during the holidays. Watch

I have just finished my second year of uni and my boyfriend who I have been with for just over a year and a half is usually great, caring etc but when we aren't together in the same place he just doesn't seem to want to know.
    We never usually have this problem at uni as we live very close to each other as see each other pretty much every day, but during the holidays its a real problem and we hardly ever see each other. I try to go to his when I can but I can't just invite myself over all the time. If I ask him about it he assures me he will come over at some vague time in the future... next week, as soon as hes finished x etc and it gets to the point where I just seem to be nagging. Its made even worse by the fact we don't speak on the phone at all. I know this is a typical guy thing but when I call for no reason other than to chat he doesn't seem to like it which is frustrating. If we aren't going to see each other we could at least have some other form of contact but it just seems like too much bother for him.

Other posts similar to this have got a 'don't be clingy' reaction but I don't think its clingy to expect to see each other more than once every month or so. Its the same over easter, xmas etc which I can cope with but the summer hols are an awfully long time for this to carry on. Its not even as if we live far from each other (about 40mins drive). I really don't know how to approach this without continuing to seem like I'm just nagging.... am I being unreasonable?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.