Turn on thread page Beta

Best networking book? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone recommend a really good material online/book etc I could get an in depth insight on how to network with professional effectively?

I already tried a TSR search but all returned posts about computer networking.

Here are some I have already found online and would like opinions on:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Many thanks,

SnS

ReputationRep:
    Vault guide to schmoozing and 'The Jelly effect' are far far better than all of the above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown demon)
    Vault guide to schmoozing and 'The Jelly effect' are far far better than all of the above.
    Thanks I checked out the Jelly Effect, in fact there is a good video here

Having had a look at Vaults book via amazon, it didn't seem too great.
    In your opinion which is better of the two, Vault or Jelly?

ReputationRep:
    Erm, you should be able to access the Vault guide on one website that shows all these e-books for free, have a google of it.

To be honest, I enjoyed both, the Jelly Effect is more focus on communication than anything and clear communication at that. This said both boths will be completely useless and equally a waste of time if you don't practice/implement the techniques quickly. I probably attribute [partial] credit to them with the internships/work experience I've managed to secure as well as sponsorship/funding etc over the last 2-3 years.

ReputationRep:
    I never thought that these sorts of books were of any use. I kind of just got into the swing of it with practice and I think if you're outgoing you get into it pretty quickly. I guess you'd agree that if anything reading these books is only going to have the effect of a catalyst?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breadster™)
    I never thought that these sorts of books were of any use. I kind of just got into the swing of it with practice and I think if you're outgoing you get into it pretty quickly. I guess you'd agree that if anything reading these books is only going to have the effect of a catalyst?
    Agreed. But it will help you avoid making mistakes.

Another book I rate quite highly esp on presentations is 'Perfect Pitch' By Jon Steel.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.