Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just thought that it'd be something different...
    No-one'll ever have what you wear, and you'll actually be able to get exactly what you want!
    I know it'll take one hell of a lot of practice before I'll actually be able to make something that's decent enough to wear, but I'm just intrigued by it all

Does any TSR'ers make any clothes? Or have any tips or anything?

Quote me please

x

ReputationRep:
    i print t shirts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhii)
    Just thought that it'd be something different...
    No-one'll ever have what you wear, and you'll actually be able to get exactly what you want!
    I know it'll take one hell of a lot of practice before I'll actually be able to make something that's decent enough to wear, but I'm just intrigued by it all

Does any TSR'ers make any clothes? Or have any tips or anything?

Quote me please

x
    You might like to check out this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ND6)
    i print t shirts?
    yeah things like that too
    do you do your own designs and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    i can make bags and thats about as far as my sewing on a machine goes. my lines are no where near neat enough for real clothes yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhii)
    yeah things like that too
    do you do your own designs and stuff?
    yerr, i do, message me

ReputationRep:
    My gran helped me make a mini skirt; I found it quite difficult as I'm not an amazing sewer, and thought it was quite complicated. But it was really simple to her.

The skirt turned out really nice though - I love it. And with practice it gets easier

ReputationRep:
    oh wow
    what did you do to make it?

ReputationRep:
    ive made a top before for textiles at school found it very hard on the sewing machine though! and I had my auntie helping me with it :s

clothes making is very complicated I think

ReputationRep:
    I have done before. To start you'll need a machine and I recommend an overlocker too, though it's not necessary. Basically it's a case of buying patterns you like and following the instructions - start with easy ones and work your way up. My mother is self-taught and she's the best tailor/dressmaker I've witnessed. Just give it a bash and see what you get. (:

ReputationRep:
    I make a lot of my clothes. Check out the sewers/dressmakers thread! We're hoping to make a society.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.