63.39%
    No
    36.61%

ReputationRep:
    Yes or no?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Much as I'd love to be vaccinated against everything ever, I really don't think swine flu is high on my priority list.

ReputationRep:
    No; I don't think it's worth having a needle stuck into me for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Much as I'd love to be vaccinated against everything ever, I really don't think swine flu is high on my priority list.
    Exactly the way I feel.
    Although, if I was given the choice (and it was free), I'd rather get it than not - just to be safe.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, after watching Torchwood last week I'm slightly wary of any vaccines and innoculations :p:

But I don't see it as a big enough threat to warrant getting it - yet.

ReputationRep:
    If its anything like the vaccine for the swine flu of '76, then I think i'd rather brave it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do vaccines.

ReputationRep:
    Yep :yep:

If it does protect me I don't see why not.

ReputationRep:
    Defo, Its getting dangerious now, look how many people have died! isn't it a joke on there lives to not have a `life saving` jab?

ReputationRep:
    After it had been confirmed it worked, yes. Why not?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, after watching Torchwood last week I'm slightly wary of any vaccines and innoculations
    lol! I was going to say the same thing.

Needles make me gag. I avoid them like the plague but i suppose if swine flu became worse...much, much worse then i most likely would. Anywho I didn't think a vaccine would be available til the end of the year?

ReputationRep:
    Will they charge for it? Or is that a really daft question...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If it was free, sure.

I don't mind needles, and better safe than sorry?

(I know people with swine flu so it's not really an 'out there' threat)

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. I suffer from Hayfever AND asthma badly, which apparently make my chances of dying from swine flu much higher :| haha, the vaccine can't come quick enough!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    Defo, Its getting dangerious now, look how many people have died! isn't it a joke on there lives to not have a `life saving` jab?
    Six hundred, out of a hundred thousand - mostly in the USA, Mexico and Argentina? I'm not horrendously scared.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Yes, if not only because I have asthma.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, why not, it's worth having a very mild cold (a well known effect of the flu vaccine) to prevent me from getting the flu. Plus, as hopefully Ill be working in the NHS next year, Id much rather have the protection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Six hundred, out of a hundred thousand - mostly in the USA, Mexico and Argentina? I'm not horrendously scared.

True I sapose I didn't look at it like that!

Another money-making scheme... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You'd be an idiot not to get it I think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.