Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you want the swine flu vaccine? Watch

• View Poll Results: Vaccine?
    Yes
    63.39%
    No
    36.61%

ReputationRep:
    I want to say no, but my dad's rather ill and has all these 'underlying health problems' so I think I'd have to take it to help keep my dad swine flu free.

ReputationRep:
    why not. Worst case scenerio the vaccine (im assuming its live)then you get the swine flu which people are getting anyway, barring contamination.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Torchwood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesioo)
    lol! I was going to say the same thing.
    Needles make me gag. I avoid them like the plague but i suppose if swine flu became worse...much, much worse then i most likely would. Anywho I didn't think a vaccine would be available til the end of the year?

Me too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, sure, why not?
    Assuming it has been proven to be effective.
    I like needles and I like blood.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell! Swine flu is a virus; vaciines only protect against a few strains and viruses replicate and mutate so quickly it would be pointless. Swine flu is no more dangerous than normal flu its just because the media has latched on parasite style and decided that we're all going to die. Those at risk are the immuno deficient, the very young, the elderly and the sick. It really irritates me the ridiculous fenzy created by this which is utterly unfounded.

ReputationRep:
    No, my Dad's a Prof of microbiology at Oxford Uni and thinks it's better to catch it before it mutates.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather catch it while it is comparatively weak, build up some natural immunity to it, cause that will serve me better when it mutates and i come across it again.

At least that is my understanding of the situation.

I may be wrong :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I would bother to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i want it...might not even work though... yeah i know, I'm a very optimistic person!

ReputationRep:
    why not if its free. Also doesnt a vaccine build up your immune system the same way as it would as if you caught it? Like isn't that how a vaccine works?

ReputationRep:
    definitely. i enjoy living and breathing.

ReputationRep:
    Sure. If it's free then I'm 'aving summa that. After the BCG I can take anything on!

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely and as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dystopiacalls)
    What the hell! Swine flu is a virus; vaciines only protect against a few strains and viruses replicate and mutate so quickly it would be pointless. Swine flu is no more dangerous than normal flu its just because the media has latched on parasite style and decided that we're all going to die. Those at risk are the immuno deficient, the very young, the elderly and the sick. It really irritates me the ridiculous fenzy created by this which is utterly unfounded.
    Can I hold you to that...

ReputationRep:
    whats all this about it could mutate during winter crap?

but anyway id have it for sure, a quick jab doesnt bother me.

ReputationRep:
    I never have vaccines, or i never take pills or aspirin or anything.

I like to thick not doing this has forced my body into fighting off illness, as a kid, and now in adulthood, I'm much less likely to get ill, and i very very rarely do get ill.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. Better to prevent than cure, specially with diseases like this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I never have vaccines, or i never take pills or aspirin or anything.

I like to thick not doing this has forced my body into fighting off illness, as a kid, and now in adulthood, I'm much less likely to get ill, and i very very rarely do get ill.
    That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    Yes, if not only because I have asthma.
    Same here, the only reason i want it is because i have asthma

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.