Yes
    63.39%
    No
    36.61%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense... :rolleyes:
    Good, its part of the fun.

If it doesn't make me ill and will prevent this swine flu (and its free) - then yes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    If it doesn't make me ill and will prevent this swine flu (and its free) - then yes.
    This :yep:

ReputationRep:
    As a medical student, I'll be getting the vaccine to protect the patients i see from myself. And of course we're not allowed in hospital when ill ourselves and I hate when that happens!!

If more people are immune to the virus than not, then it will spread less easily. Think of all those with underlying illnesses who could catch it from you if you don't get immunised......do the world a favour and take the needle.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I don't see why not. Especially considering at university, stuff spreads fast - not looking forward to fresher's flu this year at all.

I will have to. I work in healthcare

I hate needles, but I'm not putting down the offer for a working vaccination againt it over my phobia

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care. It's not like injections are a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kane_Fizz)
    Defo, Its getting dangerious now, look how many people have died! isn't it a joke on there lives to not have a `life saving` jab?
    You do realise there's only one person in Britain who has died solely from it? Everyone else who has died in the UK has had underlying health problems...like AIDS, yeah if they get it, they're probably gnna' die. if you're a fairly healthy person then you're not that likely to die from it.

Besides, what if the vaccine isn't very good...seeing as it's new, who's to say that won't cause deaths, even after testing...?

ReputationRep:
    After seeing my friend contract it..i would defo be up for a vaccine, besides, its only a needle..and if its a safe one, why not?

ReputationRep:
    What a massive over reaction. There are going tobe far more people killed by the winter flu bug. What a waste of taxpayers money.

ReputationRep:
    Swine flu would have to become a lot more dangerous for me to accept a vaccine which hasn't been around long enough for any long term effects to be known.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, didn't the last swine flu vaccine turn out really badly?
    I don't trust new vaccines since I had some odd reaction to the hpv jab.
    So nah uh - don't think I'll be having any swine flu vaccines near me anytime soon :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxboroHotTubs:))
    Nah, didn't the last swine flu vaccine turn out really badly?
    I don't trust new vaccines since I had some odd reaction to the hpv jab.
    So nah uh - don't think I'll be having any swine flu vaccines near me anytime soon :P

This. And the above poster.

ReputationRep:
    If it will ACTUALLY protect me and it is FREE then I will...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense... :rolleyes:
    This may be a silly question but here goes. If you've already caught swine flu and fully recovered wouldn't there be no point in having the vaccine? If it is meant to mimic the effects but to less dangerous degree than doesn't a normal infection confer the same immunity?

ReputationRep:
    everyone keeps on telling me that 100,000 people a day gets it so YES!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've just got over having swine flu, and it makes you feel a bit rubbish, but in my case it was no worse, if not slightly better than having regular flu, so there isn't really any need for panic.

That said, if I could have chosen not to have it, and if I could to choose to not have it again, I really would!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    What a massive over reaction. There are going tobe far more people killed by the winter flu bug. What a waste of taxpayers money.
    And yet we "waste" taxpayers money giving at risk groups regular flu jabs every winter......

Of course people should have a swine flu vaccine too if they have underlying medical conditions!

ReputationRep:
    No. It's a complete waste of taxpayer's money to issue it to anyone except the vulnerable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of needles, so I'd rather pass on this especially as swine flu is nothing worse than flu at the moment. If it does mutate and become something more serious, the mutation will make the vaccine useless anyways.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.