Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brothers both have swine flu. :S Watch

ReputationRep:
    RIP dude

ReputationRep:
    i think you should just go kiss them or something better to get it over and done with
    you probably have 99.9999999999% of catching it sooner or later

ReputationRep:
    Just clean alot and try not to go too close. They should be fine. Lots of people are recovering really quickly. Normal flu is just as deadly as swine flu. Swine flu is just a new strain of it so there is no cure as of yet.

(Original post by Cookie Fruit Freak)
    Confirmed over the phone yesterday with our GP, both of my two brothers have gone down with swine flu. Currently coughing and wheezing in their beds at the moment - and I'm avoiding them like the plague! :woo:

Apparently, they caught it from friends at school (both go to different schools). One's 9, the other's 14.

But should I really be worried about it? You heard about the guy dying the other day (with no underlying health problems) and with all the sensationalist tosh in the news, it's getting me a bit edgy. Are the chances of it getting serious/death likely at all?

Any helpful tips/suggestions/hugs would be much appreciated! :o:
    The death rate from the flu is far below that of normal seasonal flu.
    Or driving in spain for that matter...

ReputationRep:
    I would move out for a while, could you not stay with other family our something? Let your mum and dad get it instead. At least you'll be safe.

ReputationRep:
    More people have died from common flu than swine flu. Calm yeself.

Harry Potter's best friend wasn't safe from it, you definatly won't :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Move out. Seriously, move to a cousin's or something for a while. That's what I'd do anyway.
    And breathe flu germs on her cousins?

There is no need to panic now. Likely that you will get it but its not as serious as the tabloids and TV like to make out. It's no Spanish influenza. This is just what no name journalists do when they get bored. They'll demand vaccines for all, then a month later will complain about how the government spent millions needlessly vaccinating everyone.

I just read the sports results now. Very rarely a lie in there.

ReputationRep:
    If anything I'd rather get it now, well in 2 weeks time, than in Winter when everybody is getting it and it has mutated or the tamiflu runs out. Not that they're giving the tamiflu out anymore unless you are in a risk group, from what I've heard, which is fair enough, this swine flu is like the common cold they say...

ReputationRep:
    Yup, my mum and my brother have swine flu and they didn't get Tamiflu. I got it though and I havent even go t swine flu its to stop me from getting it as im high risk... mums a tad annoyed lol. im just a bit smug. hehe.

ReputationRep:
    catch it..bin it..kill it.. :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.