Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How not to put on weight in the next few weeks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I like to keep fit and eat well. It makes me feel good, and is pretty much the only thing that I feel in control of at the moment, in the post-uni wilderness.

However, this coming week is my graduation and my parents are coming to stay for three days, so lots of eating out/ drinking/ no real exercise, then I'm going on holiday the following Monday for two weeks (with no real chance for effective exercise inbetween as I will be moving home/sorting stuff for my holiday), where I doubt I'll be able to eat healthily and cheaply (I'm going to London, Paris and the Loire valley), so it'll be lots of snacking, probably lots of carb based foods and then rich meals on an evening. The thought of this is becoming increasingly concerning for me, as I don't want to gain weight, and I don't want to start feeling sluggish and relying on sugar-laden foods for energy. I also have IBS (sorry, but I had to mention it!) so I know the next few weeks are going to play havoc with my 'regularity'.

I don't really know what I'm hoping for here; I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has any kind of help with eating properly whilst on holiday? If it's cheap as well as healthy, so much the better! Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    Regular small meals throughout the day(6ish), keeps your metabilism up to speed, avoid too many processed carbs, so eat whole foods, and avoid carbs after 7/8ish in the evening or keep them to a minimum.
    Do some exercises?! Do a bodyweight exercise circuit, 1min press ups, 1min squats and so on.

ReputationRep:
    For the whole snacking issue, why not pack home-made snacks for when you're on the go? Sandwiches and the like.

And I'm sure you dont want to look awkard sitting for dinner with the family with just a plate of salad, but you could try to choose the healthier meal option.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.