Turn on thread page Beta

I wont after take my underwear off will i? Hospital soon! watch

Im going for my stretchmarks,
    but they go up to top of my legs and all round

so im unsure, i hope not.
    does anyone know?
    anyone ever been to hospital about stretchmarks?

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You're going to hospital about stretchmarks? :confused:

Erm, well I doubt they'll make you reveal anything you're not comfortable with, so I wouldn't worry.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If they aren't under your underwear, or you can show them by just moving your underwear aside, probably not. Or they may give you something else to cover yourself with.
    It probably doesn't help much, but they are professionals and will have seen it all before!

ReputationRep:
    They will not try to make you feel uncomfortable, and will keep you covered if it is needed.

They are not in the business to make people feel worse they want you to feel better, so what ever they do they will have some taste about it and not make you stand naked in the company of people. The are professionals so they will maintain that.

ReputationRep:
    after?!

ReputationRep:
    If you need to remove your pants they will give you cotton elasticated pants to wear. Like a hair-net but you know, for down there :eek: (had to wear them when I had an operation. Lovely things)

ReputationRep:
    These people will be professionals and they must maintain your dignity. So theres every chance you wont have to take off your underwear at all. I can understand your worries and they are perfectly normal.

Good Luck.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by **** Valentine)
    after?!
    Hey, we're lucky we got a real word.

ReputationRep:
    after?!
    Yeah. She wont after tek off er undercrackers will shi?

ReputationRep:
    They will not force you into it. But just remember, whatever they do they have seen it all before...and possibly have it themselves .

ReputationRep:
    They won't make you take anything off if you don't want.

after?!
    Not like you didnt know what i meant, jeez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not like you didnt know what i meant, jeez.
    True, but it's not like the internet is just a digitalised cockney-based London either.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Why are you going to the hospital for stretch marks? Shouldn't you be going to your local doctor?

ReputationRep:
    May not be what you want to hear, but I believe in honesty, and telling people real experiences.

This only applies if you have an operation or overnight stay I think.

When i went in for an operation, the nurse told me to strip and put on one of those blue gown things,she left the room while i got changed, I took my bra off but left my underwear on,put the gown on, and was confused it had an open back just sorta laced up and gaped at the bottom part. She came back in saw the underwear and nice as she could told me i would have to take them off as well! :eek3:

I was in far too much pain, and drugged up on various medicine to care too much, did as I was told, then i had to walk across a ward and those gowns like open at the back and I felt a breeze and :eek: realised i was flashing my bum to everyone in the ward!
    Tried so hard to hold it closed with one hand, and the nurse looked at me like I was a silly, pathetic and childish for doing so.

Then i realised, it is a hospital, it is not the place to be thinking about modesty and what is acceptable in a normal situation etc.

Hopefully I just had some kinda pervy old female nurse though, and that isn't everyones case though?

ReputationRep:
    Unless the stretchmarks are on your vagina i think you will be okay.

ReputationRep:
    Aw princessmarisa I feel your pain, I've also flashed my bum to a hospital ward lol. One of those low points in life :rolleyes:

OP I'm sure that if there are stretch marks visible outside your knickers then there'd be no need for you to take them off, the doctors don't want to embarrass you for no reason. Just out of curiousity is it alright if I ask what the hospital are doing about stretch marks? I always thought they couldn't be helped.

ReputationRep:
    They're doctors they've seen it all before.

Also stretch marks? Why you going to docs for that

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you will after to anything you're uncomfy with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Erm, well I doubt they'll make you reveal anything you're not comfortable with, so I wouldn't worry.
    Absolutely, we can even treat broken legs without making people take their trousers off if they don't feel comfortable with that... :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.