Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    £20+/hr as a rough guide. bsm are usually of an adequate standard, although they're more expensive than others. I went with a small local firm that was £5/hr less than bsm, easier to deal with- found the bsmphone woman in cambridge somewhat unhelpful, and i passed first time, with about 20hrs of lessons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasjtl)
    £20+/hr as a rough guide. bsm are usually of an adequate standard, although they're more expensive than others. I went with a small local firm that was £5/hr less than bsm, easier to deal with- found the bsmphone woman in cambridge somewhat unhelpful, and i passed first time, with about 20hrs of lessons.
    What's the name of the firm you used?

ReputationRep:
    cambridge driving centre- my brother and I both used them, good price, good service and both of us passed first time.

Independants are usually quite a lot cheaper than the big companies. They are also usually better as a lot of the business will be by word of mouth so their reputation is more important to them.

I payed 16 pounds an hour when I was 17 (2005-2006 type time)

ReputationRep:
    I used Access Driving, who were excellent imo (although I failed first time with them, and haven't taken the test again since, but don't think that was their fault as my spatial awareness has always been poor and it's difficult to tell if I was really ready to take my test). I tried another driving school in Oxford as well before going with them so I feel fairly confident in recommending them. Can't remember how much it was though.

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to search hard for a good price as a lot of instructors in the surrounding area are expensive (West Oxfordshire is very expensive - cheapest instructor is £26!). However, there are a few cheap ones to be had.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.