Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anybody received their entitlement letter yet? Watch

ReputationRep:
    could anybody give me an idea of how much loan/grant we receive each term?

it'd be even more helpful if you are planning to go to Uni in London!

ReputationRep:
    That depends on how much you've been awarded...

ReputationRep:
    I'm expecting to be awarded £5,300 maintenance loan and £2,906 maintenance grant.

ReputationRep:
    bumping this upppp!

ReputationRep:
    I believe it is split as follows:

Term 1: 33%
    Term 2: 33%
    Term 3: 34%

So you should be able to work it out yourself using those percentages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    I believe it is split as follows:

Term 1: 33%
    Term 2: 33%
    Term 3: 34%

So you should be able to work it out yourself using those percentages.
    thanks for replying flipshot! may I just ask where you heard this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxy.)
    thanks for replying flipshot! may I just ask where you heard this?
    100% divided by 3? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    100% divided by 3? :rolleyes:
    aha yeah I can work that out, I'm just trying to make sure because I've heard off various people on the forums that your third term installment is a lot larger than your other two due to it having to last you over the summer, and 34% isn't of course a lot larger than 33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxy.)
    aha yeah I can work that out, I'm just trying to make sure because I've heard off various people on the forums that your third term installment is a lot larger than your other two due to it having to last you over the summer, and 34% isn't of course a lot larger than 33%
    If it was, I wouldn't be in the financially awkward situation I'm in, at the moment if that was the case. The student loan is geared around people that aren't independent students - who can go home at the end of the academic year and sponge off their parents for 3-4 months. I've had to save money from semesters 1 and 2 to pay for living expenses through the summer break.

It's paid in 3 equal instalments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    If it was, I wouldn't be in the financially awkward situation I'm in, at the moment if that was the case. The student loan is geared around people that aren't independent students - who can go home at the end of the academic year and sponge off their parents for 3-4 months. I've had to save money from semesters 1 and 2 to pay for living expenses through the summer break.

It's paid in 3 equal instalments.
    this is what I was hoping to discover so thanks for putting my mind at ease! I've had a few friends mentioning to me that their 3rd term loan installment was the 'largest', but I think they're just meaning the largest in terms of the term length seeing as the 3rd term seems generally to be the shortest (or at least it is at UAL, where I shall be heading).

I know I sound a bit stupid for asking all these questions, but my halls of residence rent has come as a shock to me (£5,600 for the year, eek)and so I'm just trying to work out a vague budget so that I'll know where I stand in terms of my overdraft and whether I'll need to use it.

thanks for the help Mad Vlad!

ReputationRep:
    Its not paid in 3 equal instalments. Mine for the past two years have been slightly larger in the last instalment. Not by much but it does work out at 34% rather than 33% for the first two.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine a few months back, but then I'm gonna be a third year so that's probably why.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.