The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Unrepentant
Its the uncertainty of the exams. I want to know for definate where I'll be in September so I can sort out what I'm doing. It sucks because like 4 of my favourite bands have all announced tours in October which I can't get tickets for because I don't know where I'll be. I don't want to get tickets near my firm choice incase I miss my offer and end up elsewhere and I don't want to get tickets near home incase I'm not at home.

*Headesk*

THIS THIS THIS

I have 6 gigs in Oct/Nov I want to book tickets for! If I'm in Bristol I'm ****** but if I'm in London can go to all of them. Just another reason to want my firm..
Reply 41
Lucyyy
Had I the money to spare, I would have bought myself a Reading ticket to see Deftones alone. Why would they cancel though.. because of Chi?

They just canceled one of their London dates because of his health service bills and problems he's had back home. So I'm a bit wary.
Reply 42
although i'm extremely bored and still looking for a job before uni, I think it can wait now cos i've realised how close it is, how little money I have saved and how slowly student finance are assessing my application...
It's de luxe having an endless amount of time off before term time!

Love it! no work mass relaxing
Reply 44
i am not that bored like how i fill my day is so ***** but i fill it none the less, time comes ands goes sometimes some times it just stands still, for the last good few years i grew up playing computer games and having the odd social life outside of school hours, but i am just so fed up with the computer and my life i just realised its just so ***** but it wasn't my fault with the whole computer thing the housing estates i lived in were occupied by old people meaning i couldn't hang with anyone i knew so i had to travel long distances like the estates im in now is sooo boring so i've had to just play the computer i am just living for uni a chance for change!!

im trying to fill my summer by going to concerts with friends that i've built up within school and i've got a wedding comming up next month then a weeks holiday so next month should go fast enough, and this month should too as im starting work again on tuesday and time flys there too bad its only 8.30 to 2.30, none-the-less i fill my time with games and movies and the odd social interaction

point of that mess of a story above bring on school!! (never in all my life would i of imagined myself saying that)
Reply 45
Same here, luckily I have two weeks of holidays which should be alright. With family, but I can't afford my own holidays yet. :frown:
Moronic Acid
Why is everyone bored?

This is the summer - you should be out with your friends enjoying yourselves like everyone else

To be fair, when your friends live miles away, none of you have cars, and none of you have the cash for public transport... Well, you work it out.
Reply 47
I'm not really bored to be fair; my time's filled with meeting people, drinking, drinking a bit more, passing out and repeating the same routine the next day. I take an odd day off, just to prove that I can do without it all but it's not really working out. All i've developed is a bitchin' tolerance to alcohol. I should really be drawing at least 4-5 hours a day seeing as I'm moving out in a month in order to study fine art formally. But I've already had my results, know exactly where I'm going, I've been off for 8 weeks and time is flying. Right now I'm enjoying my hash buzz in a sailor's pyjama while listening to Johnny & The Hurricanes. Can life get any better?
jacy_babi
im being serious. i literally have nothing to do.

Well, how about getting involved in some activities? There are always local clubs or sports to get involved in, and generally there are plenty of places that are happy to take on volunteers for community or charity work. Have you looked for a job?

Alternatively, have you considered taking up a musical instrument, or learning a foreign language?

These are just a few suggestions, but all would keep you busy, and most would look good on your CV.
Reply 49
I'm bored out of my mind.
It's ridiculous, but I actually miss exams - having something contructive to do.
I have no friends and only a few casual "friends", so going out with others is few and far between. I'm currently looking for a job but that's not going very well.

I think I may start shopping for uni, picking up a few things every few days [hopefully I've actually achived the grades I need to go]. Stationary shopping is always grand. =/
Reply 50
I'm really bored too! I just want to start Uni now! It's just annoying because I have nothingness for the next couple of months and then I'll be mugging up and working for the next 3 years
Reply 51
kaytee.
although i'm extremely bored and still looking for a job before uni, I think it can wait now cos i've realised how close it is, how little money I have saved and how slowly student finance are assessing my application...

BUGGERRRR STUDENT FINANCE.... i've STILL not done mine yet!!!:s-smilie:
Reply 52
Jenniii
BUGGERRRR STUDENT FINANCE.... i've STILL not done mine yet!!!:s-smilie:

Ohh, better get to it cos they've got an 8 week backlog of applications, I sent mine the beginning of may and still heard nothing back, may not even get loans through in time for uni :frown:
I have a job interview on Friday. Thank God.
Reply 54
LivstaR-K
my parents are soo annoying like that there always moaning at me to do something constructive blahh :|

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

It's so annoying!
I am helping out with my grandparents for the next weeks, it's no fulltime job.

I have done a lot photoshop stuff, html, css, php, read Stephen King and started an own novel. I go jogging, play football-- I keep reading/watching English stuff to ..well, keep my English skills as far as possible (lol)- but still

I.am.bored.
Why? Not because I have too much time.
It is because I feel nothing but learning makes any sense right now.
I'm bored a hell, I accepted my place for uni in January as I already had my A-Levels. Since then I've sorted out a new house and worked 37 hours in an office to save up money but the boredom is still just unbearable. I have 4 more weeks of work left then even more boredom before I actually move into my house and have to find a part-time job in Manchester before uni starts. Whyyyy does it take so lonnnggg!
Reply 56
Yeaaah pretty bored.... days usually consist of hanging around with my flat mates and sometimes working.... howeverrrrr head off to mexico late tonight and when i get back ill be working pretty much full time till uni starts :biggrin:
Reply 57
yeah I'm bored. I really need a holiday.
Not bored, ready for next week + when I'm not working as much as I am now. Got lots to do before we move to Worcester in August. Packing, packing and packing!

Latest