Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Insult from secondary school... seen it again Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I was on facebook (yes more problems caused by facebook) and saw a comment from a girl I dont know on a picture of me with this, we have one friend in common (he is my friend) should I talk to him and ask him about how she knew it

IN BETTER WORDS: I think basically what the OP is saying is that in secondary school there was in insult that was used in reference to him.
    On facebook, theres a photo that he is in and someone who didnt go to his school who didnt know him has commented on that picture using that insult, and he wonders if he should ask their mutual friend how this other person knew of this very specific insult.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps thats just what you were known by? Happened to alot of kids at our school. A common one was things like 'Ginge'
    You can ask him if you want, but it probably wont make any difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torchskins)
    Basically I was on facebook (yes more problems caused by facebook) and saw a comment from a girl I dont know on a picture of me with this, we have one friend in common (he is my friend) should I talk to him and ask him about how she knew it
    Man up. Very girly thing to complain about.

ReputationRep:
    i dont get what your asking

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm having a retard moment but i genuinely do not understand the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timetokill)
    Perhaps thats just what you were known by? Happened to alot of kids at our school. A common one was things like 'Ginge'
    You can ask him if you want, but it probably wont make any difference.
    she didnt go to my school, our only connection is him and this is very specific to me

ReputationRep:
    i honestly don't understand... you've been tagged in a photo and someone's commented on it? what did the comment say?

ReputationRep:
    has the OP been edited.. cos i don't get it?

ReputationRep:
    He's saying that he had some sort of nickname during secondary school and now some random girl knows about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    Neither, it's probably something petty and insignificant though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    Basically should I say, how did she know this and basically argue about it

ReputationRep:
    I dont think I get what is being said.
    I'm confused can you please make it clearer OP!

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it...

ReputationRep:
    I think basically what the OP is saying is that in secondary school there was in insult that was used in reference to him.
    On facebook, theres a photo that he is in and someone who didnt go to his school who didnt know him has commented on that picture using that insult, and he wonders if he should ask their mutual friend how this other person knew of this very specific insult.

ReputationRep:
    Still don't understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RideBikes)
    He's saying that he had some sort of nickname during secondary school and now some random girl knows about it.
    thank you + rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RideBikes)
    Ahhh i see, not a particularly complex problem to articulate then OP.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the insult. what was it to do with if you dont wanna tell us exactly what it was?

ReputationRep:
    nope still don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    thank you + rep
    edit your 1st post m8.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.