Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right I got my preperation countdown letter from the uni. Basically saying when my first course meeting is, plus a few things about freshers week, which is apparently starting 21/09/09?

But for some reason my accommodation lease starts on the 12/09/09...
    When is everyone moving to Sheffield??? Dont wana get their too early!

ReputationRep:
    im moving in on the 12th or 13th, most ppl do so they can get settled before uni starts and people can start getting to know each other!!!

ReputationRep:
    cheers girl next door!

ReputationRep:
    some halls have an early move in date.

This is because most of the students put into these halls are on early start courses, so you'll find that you've already started your course by freshers week if you're on one of these.

If not, then don't worry about getting there and nothing happening because you're course doesn't start for a few weeks, or its before freshers week.

I've been residential support @ Bramall court for a few years now, and again will be this coming year. We'll have things organised for the early movers. Certainly not worth missing out on getting in (and staying!) when you can first move in. As said, you get to know everyone early on which is great

ReputationRep:
    im not going to move in until the 20th, trying to get as much money from work as possible!

ReputationRep:
    im moving in less than 3 weeks thanks to the parentals being busy on the weekend of the 12th...

ReputationRep:
    I'm annoyed, I'm STILL WAITING for them to get back to me. Sent off accomodation stuff at Christmas, and hold an unconditional offer.. it's very ******* annoying :/

ReputationRep:
    If you ring them they'll tell you where you are staying.

ReputationRep:
    yeah ring them on 01142255555 ask for accomodation and they'll tell you. i just did this about 30 mins ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn_the_page_day_by_day)
    yeah ring them on 01142255555 ask for accomodation and they'll tell you. i just did this about 30 mins ago
    Shame its saturday or I would too.

So are you saying that theyre likely to have sorted things out already but have chosen not to do anything about it straight away?

ReputationRep:
    When I rang they said my letter would arrive at the end of the week but he could tell me where I was if i wanted.

ReputationRep:
    So they're in the process of dishing out the letters to tell you where you're staying? I thaught they didn't tell you where you will stay untill you get the grades / have accepted their offer to go there?

ReputationRep:
    This is for unconditionals..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azza)
    This is for unconditionals..
    Oh right, thanks.

Do you any idea what the situation is for conditionals?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly how you said I believe, think you'll have to accept your offer after results then you'll get a letter I presume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom2CooL)
    Oh right, thanks.

Do you any idea what the situation is for conditionals?
    I Just emailed them and they sent this back.

We have received your application form for accommodation. Allocation of rooms will take place in August, so you will hear from us soon. Accommodation moving dates depends on the halls allocated its either 12/09 or 20/09.

So they will have sorted us rooms and will let us know once we have accepted the offers.

ReputationRep:
    Not that many people do actually move in that early though unless they have good reason in my experience of Sheffield.

I moved in the weekend before freshers started this year just gone; my flatmate was already in a week earlier due to being on a teaching degree and she was definitely in the minority.

However, do bear in mind that there's two big universities in the city and 'moving in weekend' is deemed a big enough event to put up on the traffic boards approaching the city, usually reserved for the likes of football matches etc. It could be hectic to move in the same time as everyone else.

I moved in on a Friday; most go for the Saturday, and the Friday was fine really.

ReputationRep:
    I enrol on the 17th so I will probably move in on 12, that way I will have enough time to settle in. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    im moving on th 19th and freshers starts then!! so worried about missing stuff and not knowing what to do!!!
    i'm in liberty house!
    rang them this morning hopefully get my letter soon!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.