Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance STILL not sorted Watch

ReputationRep:
    This all might seem a bit confusing but I hope you can help me!

Well...I sent off everything for student finance just over a month ago and emailed them to check they got my details and they confirmed they did. However, I then got an email telling me they hadn't so I rang up and they said my parents need to fill something in. BUT I said I didn't want my parents income assessed so I don't think they do...

I rang again and was told they're just really far behind. However, it still says they're awaiting further info from me and I'm getting a bit panicked now and the people on the other end of the phone are no help. Is anyone else having problems?

ReputationRep:
    Student Finance is completely flawed this year. The reason why you souldn't worry is that everyone i know is in the same situation. The wazzacks on the end of the phone don't have a clue and are no help and all my friends keep hearing that their evidence has been lost or they havn't received their application etc. I guess they have until mid September to sort it out though?

ReputationRep:
    You and about a million other people including me.

Don't panic we are pretty much all in the same boat, just ring up weekly and check whats going on with your application.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto, keep checking, it's all we can do

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, some of us havn't even sent the form off yet.

Actully i've not even filled it out

ReputationRep:
    Sfe= Epic Fail

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    I only got my initial application in last Friday. It'll be sorted, we all just have to wait it out.

ReputationRep:
    They said the same to me like one person on the phone told me they had the stuff and would send it back then another said they hadnt got it and to ring royal mail - turns out they are so busy at the darlington centre that stuffis being sent to glasgow for some reason - i hope it gets sorted soon, cos doesnt it need to be sorted before we can start uni?? x

ReputationRep:
    i sent them my parents information ages ago and they still haven't updated my application.

ReputationRep:
    yep problems with mine too...still says awaiting further evidence when we sent it ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    Mines complete, it's been assessed and finalised etc, however it took 3-4 months for SFE to actually get it done, kinda' ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    Well it makes me feel slightly better that I'm not the only one who is being messed around! I'll take that advice of ringing weekly to check. Fingers crossed they get their act together so we all get our money in time!

ReputationRep:
    ironic how the people answering the phone are scottish... when they don't even need student finance

ReputationRep:
    They've sent me the same declaration letter like 3 times. I just keep signing it and sending it back. As long as i get some sort of money, i'm placated.

ReputationRep:
    Hm. Should probably re-apply for this. I hate how you don't get a letter about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacy_babi)
    i sent them my parents information ages ago and they still haven't updated my application.
    that is where I am at been about 6-7 weeks now I am goign to call them again tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't started it yet.

ReputationRep:
    They keep insisting that they don't have my parents stuff... has been sent three times now!

ReputationRep:
    There are SO many of these threads lol

Mines all sorted except it's sorted for the wrong uni
    When I connected my UCAS to SFE I assumed they updated your SFE according to your UCAS no such luck! Since I have now chosen another uni to what was on my SFE at the beginning I had to fill out a large form and send off my uni acceptance letter.

That was a 6 weeks ago.

Since then I received a "final declaration letter" with the wrong uni on it so I phoned up and she said to sign it and send it back and they'd transfer my uni when they got the form.

This was a month ago.

I phoned up about the fact they haven't transferred my uni over the other day (which took 30 mins just to get hold of them) She said that they have the form and letter and there do it soon.

I swear it can't be that hard. Would be quicker for me to go to Durrington and sort it out myself!

And don't get me started on the fact that I have to get my mum to phone on my behalf cos when I try and they say key in your Customer Reference Number and PIN the automated idiot says "your customer reference number and PIN do not match" when in fact they do match

Basically they are REALLY far behind and have a HUGE backlog cos the computers keep crashing. So don't hold your breath that anything will be sorted soon!

ReputationRep:
    OP, don't worry too much about it. I have been waiting since February for my application to be sorted. It still hasn't been done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.