Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance STILL not sorted Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they're still pissing about with mine and I sent it in March ffs. They're utterly crap.

ReputationRep:
    OP i'm the same. i didn't send off my parent's ££ stuff, but i had to send off my birth certificate with a signed declaration form. i haven't received any feed back? i sent it about 3 weeks ago...hmm! worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Don't worry, some of us havn't even sent the form off yet.

Actully i've not even filled it out
    haha same here- dont worry OP your a step ahead of us 2.

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh, theyre so slow, I sent mine off over 2 months ago now, it was actually going quite well, I had asked for income assessed, my parents sent off the forms, I did all my forms etc. Then came the signing thing and the final assessment sheet said "Non income assessed" !!! Online, it said approved and awaiting signature, so arghhhh Phoned them up and the woman said theyve just got so much mail theyre going through it very slowly, and that my parents' forms will be there.....worrying seeing as my parents got sent more of the exact same forms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohaidani)
    OP i'm the same. i didn't send off my parent's ££ stuff, but i had to send off my birth certificate with a signed declaration form. i haven't received any feed back? i sent it about 3 weeks ago...hmm! worrying
    Oh don't worry it takes them 6-8 weeks (their estimated time, mine took 6 weeks) to do anything about your evidence. Then magically one day you get it back but with no letter or anything inside. Because.... they then have to process it. Then in 3-4 weeks (2 for me) you get a letter which outlining whether your eligible and the money your receive and a declaration for you to sign. Happy Waiting :p:

ReputationRep:
    They're such a bloody joke. I'm already stressing like hell about money and I haven't even moved yet! Dunno how I'm gonna pay my 1st month's rent :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PirateFlag)
    You and about a million other people including me.

Don't panic we are pretty much all in the same boat, just ring up weekly and check whats going on with your application.
    Exactly. Dunno why it's so crap this year, last year it was really efficient, now they're messing up/losing everyone's applications

ReputationRep:
    they kept sending me letters saying i had requested 0 for my tuition fee loan and 0 for my maintanance loan ..eventually after many angry phone calls it is sorted now..it really is a hopeless system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Don't worry, some of us havn't even sent the form off yet.

Actully i've not even filled it out
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    Well looks like my SF is never going to get sorted. I actually filled out my form online and my parents within a week of it going online because after hearing from other people all the problems they had with it, I wanted to get it done quick. My mum had to ring up because my dads income will change significantly this year as he can't work for medical reasons. So the person said write a letter explaining this and send it along with the other stuff. So we did all that, and I look on my email when I get off holiday, and it said , I havent sent all the stuff, and they had notified my parents, which they hadn't. So my mum rings up again and they said we need to fill out a bunch of other forms, and its just like FFS

ReputationRep:
    Just to repeat what everyone else is saying, don't panic.

Since June 23rd I've had three Declaration Forms and "Final" Assessments, each with different figures. June 23rd I apparently didn't get any form of income-assessed support, July 8th I got an income-assessed loan and small grant and July 9th (the letters both arrived today) I got a higher grant. Every time it said it was the final assessment, but it clearly wasn't. Just wait, I guess. I'd start worrying after results day if nothing's been sorted then.

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone.
    My student finance was a nightmare this year. the same thing that happened to the girl that posted this happened 2 me.
    I ent my form off middle of may, after a month of nothing i foned up 2 cheek they had it and they said they did have it, they said they had a huge back log and it was taking up to 6 weeks for forms to go through at the moment! after another 2 weeks i got a txt from them saying it wasnt to late to apply 4 finace !!! so in other words id hadnt applyed yet!
    so foned up again and demanded i had a letter sent out 2 comferm they had all my paperword and it was being done as i hadnt even had that yet!
    so about a week after the letter came and week after that a letter saying about how much im geting and that it was sorted but i didnt have this hassal last year or the long wait!

How long it takes to go through can effect when u get it but not by much only a week or 2 cuz i asked them bout it on the fone! lol
    best thing to do if you keep having problems is go to your student finance department in uni it sould b open as its open 4 new students on open days

gd luck every1 eles with their finance !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran:))
    Oh don't worry it takes them 6-8 weeks (their estimated time, mine took 6 weeks) to do anything about your evidence. Then magically one day you get it back but with no letter or anything inside. Because.... they then have to process it. Then in 3-4 weeks (2 for me) you get a letter which outlining whether your eligible and the money your receive and a declaration for you to sign. Happy Waiting :p:
    ahh thankyou! this is such a relief actually, and stops me from logging on daily looking to see any change! +ve rep THANKYOU! xox

ReputationRep:
    ahh thankyou! this is such a relief actually, and stops me from logging on daily looking to see any change! +ve rep THANKYOU! xox
    Oh thank you glad I could help. If your still unsure just keep phoning. Some are more helpful than others so if you don't get a answer phone again cos your pretty much guaranteed to get a different person each time!

ReputationRep:
    Best advice: when you ask a question online, they ask you to fill in a survey of how you feel the service is. say it is terrible.

Since then i've had people phoning me asking if everything is fine, and almost everything has been sorted

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what's going on. I phoned the man up and asked but I think they're told to be nice since I shouted down the phone at the man from SF before. Well he shouldn't have been asking stupid questions should he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elfen)
    I have no idea what's going on. I phoned the man up and asked but I think they're told to be nice since I shouted down the phone at the man from SF before. Well he shouldn't have been asking stupid questions should he?
    It's best just to be calm when you talk to them it sorts stuff out faster. They have a huge backlog of peoples stuff which is their whole systems fault not necessarily the people on the end of the phone.
    I know some are just not helpful and the line "call back in 2 weeks" and their other famous lines annoy me too but if the person your talking too is no help it's best to call back again and your get someone else that's probably more helpful. That's what I found anyways.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do the calm and innocent bit. I can't do it,I just can't hold it together that long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran:))
    Oh thank you glad I could help. If your still unsure just keep phoning. Some are more helpful than others so if you don't get a answer phone again cos your pretty much guaranteed to get a different person each time!
    hahaha is it bad that i can't be bothered to phone them up? if i don't have anything back in 7 weeks i'll begin to be concerned, but like you said you got it back 6-8 weeks later and you're fine so whatevzz hahaha oh god! D:

ReputationRep:
    hahaha is it bad that i can't be bothered to phone them up? if i don't have anything back in 7 weeks i'll begin to be concerned, but like you said you got it back 6-8 weeks later and you're fine so whatevzz hahaha oh god! D:
    Haha i'm sure your get sorted well technically i'm not i've waited 6 weeks for them to change over my uni. It's meant to take 2 weeks and they haven't done it yet :mad: but i've phoned a couple of times and they have said it's there so i'm hoping it will be ok. As long as it's all sorted by results-ish I guess

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.