Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

top gear- were those real bullets watch

ReputationRep:
    surely they cant have been...right? they wouldn't risk killing him but they didnt look like paintballs or blanks either, the pictures they showed looked very real. does anybody know if they were real?

ReputationRep:
    They where real bullets , they where purposely missing him. He would be dead if they was actually trying to get the car.

ReputationRep:
    yeh but still you could see bullets impacting near the car, what if he had swerved or something and a stray bullet hit him? sounds pretty dodgy to me.

ReputationRep:
    Impacting near the car. Not at the car but near it. He didn't get hit by any bullets.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir1106)
    surely they cant have been...right? they wouldn't risk killing him but they didnt look like paintballs or blanks either, the pictures they showed looked very real. does anybody know if they were real?
    yeah they were but Clarkson would have been nowhere near the car when they were fired - lol - speaking as if i know - just cheap - yet enteratining tv trickery - top gear is the best show on tv

ReputationRep:
    It’s possible, the army do live fire exercises all the time and yes there are accidents. But the mountain of paperwork the beeb would have to fill in to get them shooting near JC, it makes me doubtful.

ReputationRep:
    Using real bullets wouldn't have got passed the health and safety assessment.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, im highly sceptical about this whole exercise. Some of the "effects" of the bullets looked awfully fake. I think they just played around with the camera shots tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter if they were real or no, how on earth did he survive that thing that broke half the car up. He would have been killed surely. Topgear confuses me

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they weren't using live ammunition until the final scene where he stepped out of the car and they let loose. They will have been using blanks throughout the footage and then switched to live ammo having agreed to destroy the car once clarkson steps out and is well clear.

ReputationRep:
    Looked like real bullets but i can't see them shooting live rounds while he was still in the car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lufc89)
    I reckon they weren't using live ammunition until the final scene where he stepped out of the car and they let loose. They will have been using blanks throughout the footage and then switched to live ammo having agreed to destroy the car once clarkson steps out and is well clear.
    but i paused on the picture of them loading and them firing and they looked like live ammunition

ReputationRep:
    More to the point.
    Why couldn't Usain Bolt be British?

ReputationRep:
    More importantly: how did somebody not shoot Clarkson when they had the chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Doesn't matter if they were real or no, how on earth did he survive that thing that broke half the car up. He would have been killed surely. Topgear confuses me
    He wouldn't have been in it.

ReputationRep:
    Surely it'd be really risky to use live ammunition near JC? Even the best trained soldiers might not be able to resist the urge to let rip and finish him off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir1106)
    but i paused on the picture of them loading and them firing and they looked like live ammunition
    Yes but this will have been done on purpose to make it look like they are in fact using live ammo. They will have been blanks loaded with warning stickers etc to give the image that they are real.

ReputationRep:
    The bullets may have been real, but Clarkson may not have been in the car lol.

Surely they wouldn't take such a huge risk of hitting him? Obviously they wouldn't aim for him, but if something went wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lufc89)
    Yes but this will have been done on purpose to make it look like they are in fact using live ammo. They will have been blanks loaded with warning stickers etc to give the image that they are real.
    no they were definatley live, after doing advanced infantry in ccf for two years i know the difference between a live and blank round

ReputationRep:
    I'm highly sceptical about almost everything they do in topgear, ever since the caravan challenge.
    But i still love it almost as much as anyone.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.