Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

top gear- were those real bullets Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    He wouldn't have been in it.
    lol i kinda figured that out but it's just misleading aint it. First the whole stig issue and now all these minor things. Oh well, I still love them. Usain was soo cute in the car too, all them silly things he says :giggle:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    they were definitely live ammunition however some may have been blanks, but i think we can safely say that was very staged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir1106)
    no they were definatley live, after doing advanced infantry in ccf for two years i know the difference between a live and blank round
    Ok, I'm not gonna get into an argument. Could you explain how you can tell? I'm interested in knowing how to tell the difference, would be great to be able to tell myself.

ReputationRep:
    what about the possibility of at the end when he was getin merked, the car had all that remote control crap installed in it? and j.c was standin in the hills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Doesn't matter if they were real or no, how on earth did he survive that thing that broke half the car up. He would have been killed surely. Topgear confuses me
    I'm pretty sure he wasn't inside the car when that happened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lufc89)
    Ok, I'm not gonna get into an argument. Could you explain how you can tell? I'm interested in knowing how to tell the difference, would be great to be able to tell myself.
    by looking at the tips of the bullets. live ones are metal and cone shaped, like you see in the movies.

on blanks the ends are like if you took a pipe and squished down the end with plyers in all directions, when fired the end opens up and some stuff comes out that at close range can even oblitorate an apple.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it showed them loading live ammo, and at the end firing it but editing at all. I bet during they swapped ammo or something. It was most definitely not live fire.

ReputationRep:
    by looking at the tips of the bullets. live ones are metal and cone shaped, like you see in the movies.

on blanks the ends are like if you took a pipe and squished down the end with plyers in all directions, when fired the end opens up and some stuff comes out that at close range can even oblitorate an apple.
    Ah right cool, will look into that seeing as my dad is in the RAF and I might well have just learnt something new today.

I'm curious to know what people think about the scene where Clarkson sneaks across the deployed bridge too. Do people think this was pure genius on his behalf? I don't, it will have been suggested to him to make good entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    not when JC was near the car they weren't. Also JC wasn't in the car when the wrecked it

ReputationRep:
    The entire sequence was staged - so much so that I think it became an army recruitment drive.

My suspicion is that they used real bullets but not when Clarkson/anyone else was in the immediate vicinity.

ReputationRep:
    no they were definatley live, after doing advanced infantry in ccf for two years i know the difference between a live and blank round
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    More importantly: how did somebody not shoot Clarkson when they had the chance?
    (Original post by BeanofJelly)
    Surely it'd be really risky to use live ammunition near JC? Even the best trained soldiers might not be able to resist the urge to let rip and finish him off...
    Why would they want to do that?

I'm sure they're all well aware that Clarkson is one the of the lounder proponents of H4H and the armed forces in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lufc89)
    I reckon they weren't using live ammunition until the final scene where he stepped out of the car and they let loose. They will have been using blanks throughout the footage and then switched to live ammo having agreed to destroy the car once clarkson steps out and is well clear.
    I would agree. But there were no BFAs, do the 7.62 and .5 not need them?

ReputationRep:
    They were live ... blanks dont make holes like that

Shame they used such a nice car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    Yeah, im highly sceptical about this whole exercise. Some of the "effects" of the bullets looked awfully fake. I think they just played around with the camera shots tbh.
    They are called tracers.......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracer_ammunition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Why would they want to do that?

I'm sure they're all well aware that Clarkson is one the of the lounder proponents of H4H and the armed forces in general.
    I just don't like him... he's so smug (and wasteful, that really annoys me about him too)

Was only joking though, I suppose I don't actually want him to die

ReputationRep:
    Guys it's not hard to work out.

He wasn't in the car when it was crushed.

He wasn't near the car when it was shot at (which was only actually at the end).

Of course they were real bullets at the end....

ReputationRep:
    Real bullets but seemed they shot the car when clarkson wasn't in it, like camera tricks etc.
    Same with the massive pickup thing :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    He wouldn't have been in it.
    this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy90)
    They are called tracers.......
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracer_ammunition
    Yeah I'm well aware what tracer rounds are thanks. I didn't mean the little wizzing lights, some of the other effects that's all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.