Turn on thread page Beta

top gear- were those real bullets watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys I don't want to ruin anyones hopes or dreams here but most of top gear is fake. Brilliant but fake. My dad works at dover port, remember the episode where they built boats to cross the channel? He worked with them on that.

You see how they all turn up driving the 3 cars? Rubbish, they all turned up on a big luxury bus. Those shots were done the day after and if you look and pay attention the shots are taken as they drive AWAY from dover.

They also say that the shots of them trying to do it were over 2 days, they were actually done over 4 days and cleverly put together, like most of top gear.

Remember hammonds boat sinking? Yeah thats because the producers thought it would look better that way and drilled a hole in it so Clarkson looked the hero.

I could go on but anyway my point is that the episode in question was probably put together with a clever sequence of shots, camera trickery, stunt work etc. But I'm 99.9% sure that they would not have been firing live amunition anywhere near Clarkson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeanofJelly)
    I just don't like him... he's so smug (and wasteful, that really annoys me about him too)
    So because you feel this way you assume that everyone else does too? Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Lets just say, if the Army wanted to hit the car they would have done so right at the start. It is all a bit of light entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir1106)
    no they were definatley live, after doing advanced infantry in ccf for two years i know the difference between a live and blank round
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    :rofl:
    You'll probably know this; do you need a BFA for the .5 and 7.62 stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Doesn't matter if they were real or no, how on earth did he survive that thing that broke half the car up. He would have been killed surely. Topgear confuses me
    have you considered the fact that he was more than likely not in the car,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    You'll probably know this; do you need a BFA for the .5 and 7.62 stuff?
    GMPGs (the 7.62 machine gun used in that episode) have special blank barrels, rather than BFAs, and to be honest, I haven't got a clue about the .50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    So because you feel this way you assume that everyone else does too? Interesting...
    No it was a JOKE

jeez.... put your psuedo analysis to the side... it's an internet forum.

ReputationRep:
    come on! of course they were'nt while he was actually in the car. They were when he was out........SIMPLES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lufc89)
    Ok, I'm not gonna get into an argument. Could you explain how you can tell? I'm interested in knowing how to tell the difference, would be great to be able to tell myself.
    it's very easy to tell the difference between live ( in it's various flavours), blank and drill rounds if you have access to the rounds, the presence or absence of a bullet in the round and the markings on the case or bullet provide simple identification

ReputationRep:
    well they have not have lied to us before...

michael schumacher....

but personally i doubt they were Health and safety would of had a fun day when they were filming that if they were...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    Yeah, im highly sceptical about this whole exercise. Some of the "effects" of the bullets looked awfully fake. I think they just played around with the camera shots tbh.
    i agree
    oooo my friend is going to st andys to do chemistry too!

ReputationRep:
    Instead of sending Usain ropund in the reasonably priced car they should have made him run it and seen what cars he beat on the board.

But tbh i dont think they were real.

Most probably fake but it still made for a good show

ReputationRep:
    Top Gear is great amusement, but is definitely not real. For example, Hammond is driving in a Porsche up to Scotland in a "race". So they have time to close the road, and get him to do lots of driving shots past a camera that just happened to be placed there? If you've ever been on a film set, you'll realise that it takes ages to set up shots and they have to be done over and over again. Then they just edit it to make it look real. It's entertaining TV, but should be taken with a pinch of salt. JC wouldn't have been in the car when the thing crushed it, and they certainly wouldn't have been firing any bullets at him until he was well clear!

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. Top Gear is clearly heavily scripted and staged.

It's still one of the most entertaining shows on television though.

ReputationRep:
    I think they used rubber bullets for when he was in the car then real when he got out ...

ReputationRep:
    All of those task sections where they actually go out and do things are largely fake.

Still a good laugh though.

Also there's no way they used bullets of any kind, even rubber bullets are potentially fatal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greghouse)
    I think they used rubber bullets for when he was in the car then real when he got out ...
    They did, they only started shooting the car itself when he got out near the end, hence all the bullet holes and the massive .50 hole in the radiator.

ReputationRep:
    If you thought they did it with actual live fire you must be bonkers.

Top Gear is starting to wear on me now. The fakeness of the news segments makes me cringe beyound belief.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.