Turn on thread page Beta

top gear- were those real bullets watch

ReputationRep:
    It will have been fake, it looks relentlessly choreographed like most of top gear's outings. I've no doubt that when they were racing the letter they would have got there much quicker if they'd not been stopping every fifteen minuites to get an external shot of the car driving down the motorway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxy)
    Yeah, im highly sceptical about this whole exercise. Some of the "effects" of the bullets looked awfully fake. I think they just played around with the camera shots tbh.
    They did look it but they weren't, you saw the tracers attached to the bullets, which help guide the gunner to where he should be firing and adjust his line of fire. I think they used real bullets but some clever stuntman replacement at times was put in for the "look were shooting at JC"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    He wouldn't have been in it.
    I'm sure of this. The crusher thing would have taken his head off, surely.

ReputationRep:
    Real bullets only reason jeremy wasnt shot was cos his ego acted like a shield... still think his great tho

ReputationRep:
    They weren't shooting live rounds at Jeremy Clarkson while he was driving the car.

/Thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    They weren't shooting live rounds at Jeremy Clarkson while he was driving the car.

/Thread.
    Correctimondo. I think some sneaky camera work fooled us into thinking he was being shot at.

ReputationRep:
    The whole thing seemed a bit fake. Especially the bit when they picked up the car with the crane thing, there was no way he was in there.

ReputationRep:
    They looked real enough, I don't think they were blanks as they were tracer rounds but he wasn't in the car I bet when they damaged it with the bulldozer or shot at it. Also acording to Top Gear's website they were live bullets

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...our-the-facts/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cornford4)
    They looked real enough, I don't think they were blanks as they were tracer rounds but he wasn't in the car I bet when they damaged it with the bulldozer or shot at it. Also acording to Top Gear's website they were live bullets

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...our-the-facts/
    I have no doubt they were live rounds. I also have no doubt anyone was in 100m of the car when they were flying around!

ReputationRep:
    1. Why is this even a discussion? QI could not receive health and safety permission to
    inhale Helium, yet you REALLY think ACTUAL bullets were used?

2. The number of individuals who are SUPPOSED to be students still getting confused
    between the terms 'there' 'their' and 'they're' is so high that I must conclude that
    society has had a collective mental breakdown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie_stan)
    1. Why is this even a discussion? QI could not receive health and safety permission to
    inhale Helium, yet you REALLY think ACTUAL bullets were used?

2. The number of individuals who are SUPPOSED to be students still getting confused
    between the terms 'there' 'their' and 'they're' is so high that I must conclude that
    society has had a collective mental breakdown.
    Why were you bumping a 3 year old thread?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.