Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm wanting to go camping in the lakes this summer and need someone to suggest some areas to go. I would like some place not too far from a lake or something like that. Windemere seems to be fully booked though.

ReputationRep:
    Good.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I stayed at Lakeside not too long ago with my school. You could try there.

ReputationRep:
    Keswick

ReputationRep:
    coniston! can't beat it

ReputationRep:
    Why is that a warned post?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Grasmere, Buttermere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    :dontknow:
    I was looking at some hotels the other day, in Windermere, and they seemed really expensive! Is this generally the case?

ReputationRep:
    stay at the clarkes hotel in rampside, its fairly cheep for the lakes due to being about a mile outside and isn't too far to travel to windemere and coniston

heres the info for you http://www.clarkeshotel.co.uk/
    • Study Helper

Study Helper
    (Original post by scott8anthony)
    I was looking at some hotels the other day, in Windermere, and they seemed really expensive! Is this generally the case?
    Middle of summer in one of the most popular places in the country - yep. And most places are likely to be booked in the heart of the Lakes. Serious amount of tourism up here. If you've got a car, I'd suggest just outside the National Park, fewer tourists, cheaper, but equally less night life; depends what you're into and your options.

ReputationRep:
    Er no idea, probably will be expensive in Windermere though...it is a tourist town and I guess where the most expensive hotels are based.

ReputationRep:
    Here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghostwalker)
    Middle of summer in one of the most popular places in the country - yep. And most places are likely to be booked in the heart of the Lakes. Serious amount of tourism up here. If you've got a car, I'd suggest just outside the National Park, fewer tourists, cheaper, but equally less night life; depends what you're into and your options.
    Er no idea, probably will be expensive in Windermere though...it is a tourist town and I guess where the most expensive hotels are based.
    Thanks :cool: I think I might just go and buy a tent then.:hippie: :flower2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Because the mods are getting incredibly anal about posting threads in the "appropriate" forum. This was moved from General Discussion.

Makes you wonder what the point of General Discussion is, as pretty much every thread could be moved somewhere more specific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicious Fishes)
    Because the mods are getting incredibly anal about posting threads in the "appropriate" forum. This was moved from General Discussion.

Makes you wonder what the point of General Discussion is, as pretty much every thread could be moved somewhere more specific.
    How petty. (probably get a warning for saying that )

ReputationRep:
    Good investment :yep:

ReputationRep:
    camp sites are also expensive in the lakes during summer

ReputationRep:
    brothers water= lake pub mountains all around

ReputationRep:
    Are there any cheep ones here? I have seen some for £20 per night which is pretty expensive to rent a piece of land. there are some national trust ones for £7 - £10 per night but you can't book a place it's first come first serve so what is the chance of getting a place in one of these?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.