Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Mmkay. Me and my mate met up with this guy and a few of his friends a few months ago. I've only seen him once in person but we text/call quite often. That day I was wearing dark sunglasses for most of the day (did take them off occasionally!) as it was sunny :p: But I also felt rubbish and they cover up most my face.

He wants me to meet up with him this week and tells me I'm pretty (but then i think oh i must just have dressed flattering and have been having a good skin day when I met him). I keep doubting it and thinking about my horrible skintone (i have those awful lumps underneath the skin ) and I have horrible eczema on my arm atm etc etc... and I've put on a bit of weight since I last saw him (due to stress/exams)

Basically I have absolutely zero confidence. I'm worried if I turn up he will think I 'aint so pretty after all :p: :o: I keep making up excuses as to why I cant meet up with him because I'm just terrified he'll be like oh...is that it? :rolleyes: My hair is a crappy colour atm too...

Someone please slap some sense into me....

ReputationRep:
    You won't gain confidence by keeping yourself locked away. Go out and let yourself have some fun, you will feel much better for it.

ReputationRep:
    Yesss I agree that you should go and have some fun! What's the worst that's going to happen? If he texts and calls you alot, and wants to see you, then he obviously likes you in one way or another

ReputationRep:
    Grab the bull by the horns dudette

If your on your own, what do you have to lose...?? Many more people have failed/been rejected in far worse and embarrassing ways than you've had hot dinners

And to be honest, eczema isn't such a worry... Because there is no such thing as a perfect looking person and it's a perfectly acceptable and recognised condition...! There are far worse conditions to worry about... Try going on a date when your incontienant... Now thats scary :eek:

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys i just have this terrible fear of rejection but hes not feeling too good atm so im thinking of offering to go see him to cheer him up :o: im just so self conscious of my skin too and im deffo having a bad skin day/week/month atm!

ReputationRep:
    shameful bump :o:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    He's a guy which probably means he's about 100x less perceptive about these things than you are. If that doesn't give you confidence, I don't know what will! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    He's a guy which probably means he's about 100x less perceptive about these things than you are. If that doesn't give you confidence, I don't know what will! :p:
    i hope you speak the truth :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are being such an idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANAH)
    Yes, you are being such an idiot
    haha, i hope you mean that nicely :p:

ReputationRep:
    just an update - saw him this morning. he is v immature with his friends and it was winding me up a bit. but when he walked me home he picked me some flowers :o: and he is a lot sweeter when he is just by himself. He's not the best looking guy in the world so I'm still apprehensive and I dont want to string him along. But he is a sweetie...im so confused :p:

ReputationRep:
    No point progressing with this, you obviously feel he must have been blind to suggest you are pretty, stop playing around with him and tell him your not interested or.. meet up with him it's not like hes gonna be like DAYUM, what was i thinking (right infront of you).......

If he's not interested he'll probably at least make a decision after the date like normal people do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    No point progressing with this, you obviously feel he must have been blind to suggest you are pretty, stop playing around with him and tell him your not interested or.. meet up with him it's not like hes gonna be like DAYUM, what was i thinking (right infront of you).......

If he's not interested he'll probably at least make a decision after the date like normal people do.
    ta

ReputationRep:
    shameful bump :o:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.