Turn on thread page Beta

If you could live in any era, which one would it be? watch

• View Poll Results: If you could live in any era, which one would it be?
    Prehistoric Britain
    14.55%
    Roman Empire
    21.82%
    Middle Ages/Medieval Period
    3.64%
    Late Middle Ages/Renaissance Period
    10.91%
    Elizabethan Era
    14.55%
    Jacobean Era
    0%
    Georgian Era
    9.09%
    Victorian Era
    16.36%
    Edwardian Period
    9.09%

ReputationRep:
    Most people in most of those erers had shot lifestyles tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepingSelene)
    :congrats:
    lol. You're right, it should be an something to congratulate. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I guess Roman or Georgian, then. Provided I'm rich.

ReputationRep:
    Out of those, the Elizabethan period, because Queen Elizabeth is my favourite monarch.

However, I'd rather not live that far back, but I'd love to have lived in the 1950s because of the fashion and music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diamond Diva)
    You cannot go any further forward than the Edwardian Period! So saying 'the 2000s' is invalid. I know a lot of people may want to live in another era, but would find it difficult to give up the luxuries of the modern age.

Prehistoric Britain
    Roman Empire (500 BC - 400)
    Middle Ages/Medieval Period (4th century - 14th century)
    Late Middle Ages/Renaissance Period (14th century - 15th century)
    Elizabethan Era (1558 - 1603)
    Jacobean Era (1603-1625)
    Georgian Era (1714 - 1830)
    Victorian Era (1837 - 1901)
    Edwardian period (1901 - 1910)

Note: I know these aren't entirely accurate, but this is just for fun!
    oh darn - i was gonna say the 1930s so i could be Indiana Jones and fight Nazis and stuff - but if that's not an option i'd have to go for the Jacobean one coz that's when i think the pirates were around (the cool Jack Sparrow kind - not the nasty ones who steal oil and stuff nowadays) - god i'm such a child

i'm gonna have to try and save myself and say the Roman Empire coz i did my Classics coursework on 'Was Marc Antony a travesty of Roman history' and its really interesting - lol

ReputationRep:
    Saying that, it would be cool to be a medieval or Renaissance noblewoman, maybe I'd 'arrange things' so what da Vinci painted me, and you know, surpass the Mona Lisa definitely.

ReputationRep:
    ancient japan so I could do battle with giant enemy crabs

ReputationRep:
    Middle ages.

So I could face that French ponce face to face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mermania)
    ancient japan so I could do battle with giant enemy crabs
    :top:

Well done, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    i wanted to say 1950's so i could go to a diner and drink a milkshake whilst listening to a jukebox.

ReputationRep:
    the Renaissance, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    None!

1980's America. :awesome: That would be awesome.

Where's Celtic Britain? I ask because I'd want to live at that time because it would be like living in the Asterix comics (YES, I know the comics are full of anarchronisms, but still!). Or preferably 1960s Britain.

But from the list, I'd say the Georgian era, although I'd preferably like to be in France just before the Revolution happened, all that decadance and **** would be good :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry fields)
    not right now, but not as far back as edwardian, maybe late 50s, 60s. Good music
    Your username, avatar and recently played (Beatles) songs means that I am compelled to rep you in the near future

ReputationRep:
    Far enough back to ride the dinosaurs :awesome:

Like so, think of all the sports you could make..

ReputationRep:
    Renaissance maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Edwardian so I could meet G.H. Hardy DDDDDD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    Cretaceous, probably.
    lols to that. I put Roman. I'm assuming this is the kind of thing where we just go there for a while, rather than being born there and so on... meaning I'd know everything I know now, meaning I could make a ridiculously large name for myself in history with all the stuff I'd be bringing to the civilised world of 2000 years ago... prehistoric is too far - no recorded history would mean my history wouldn't be recorded... plus I've never been one for chasing mammoths around - I'd get blisters on my feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SixthFormer08)
    lols to that. I put Roman. I'm assuming this is the kind of thing where we just go there for a while, rather than being born there and so on... meaning I'd know everything I know now, meaning I could make a ridiculously large name for myself in history with all the stuff I'd be bringing to the civilised world of 2000 years ago... prehistoric is too far - no recorded history would mean my history wouldn't be recorded... plus I've never been one for chasing mammoths around - I'd get blisters on my feet.

Cool, man, I'd chase dinosaurs for fun.
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    Your username, avatar and recently played (Beatles) songs means that I am compelled to rep you in the near future
    Oh why thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2009
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.