Scroll to see replies

Psychology @

Bangor
Glasgow
Aberdeen
Newcastle
? (St. Andrews maybe)
jelly1000
Used to live in Wembley, now in Harrow. You?

willesden stil
Reply 82
diamonddust
I'm 75% sure I'm going to apply for defferred entry but:

English Literature

Warwick
Sheffield
Exeter
Reading

Don't know about the 5th choice...

Essex, Hull, Nottingham?
.ACS.
Southampton is an excellent university with a very strong reputation for economics. Additionally, plans are underway to move the School of Management to the Boldrewood campus to create Britain's first professional campus, so there's an exciting future for management at Southampton.

For examples of careers with management at Southampton: click here.
For examples of careers with economics at Southampton: click here.

A lot on the forums here dismiss Southampton, though that's mainly down to the fact pretty much no one goes into investment banking. If you're not concerned about IB, then there's pretty much no reason to not apply.

Click here for a look at the structure of the course.

I checked the course already and I really love to go there. But I have to think about it 'cause there are other great unis as well out there. It's quite far from where I live (East Wales) but if the uni and course is really respecatable locally and internationally, I'll try and persuade my parents to let me study there (they want me to study somewhere close). BUT defo southampton will be on my top choices. Thanks for the info!

*P.S. Is Soton's E+M respectable?
depends on AS results, and whether i can apply to the same uni twice for different courses, but so far i have:
maths and french combined honours- Durham and Exeter
maths with a year in europe- Durham, Warwick and Nottingham

although i am hugely likely to change my mind...
history or/and politics, warstudies, anglo saxon-norse-celtic studies, ancient history.

would probably look @anthropology if it didnt have 2 include archeology.

as for unis, going 2 try oxbridge if grades keep up, or warwick, york,durham any suggestions lol? as u can see i havent got my mind made up, or rather i cant make my mind up............
Reply 86
jataylorlfc
history or/and politics, warstudies, anglo saxon-norse-celtic studies, ancient history.

would probably look @anthropology if it didnt have 2 include archeology.

as for unis, going 2 try oxbridge if grades keep up, or warwick, york,durham any suggestions lol? as u can see i havent got my mind made up, or rather i cant make my mind up............

What period of history are you interested in if you opt for BA History and Politics? Southampton has a very interesting course with a good focus on modern history. Additionally the School of Humanities is very large and so there are plenty of options available.

Additionally, if you're interested in anthropology, you could look at social anthropology possibly? There are a number of places that offer Anthropology without the need to take archaeology.
Reply 87
the_neg_master_
*P.S. Is Soton's E+M respectable?

In answer to your question, yes, Southampton's E+M course is respectable.
charmed1309
Course= History/Archaeology

Unis

Canturbury Christ Church :love:(joint hounurs with business studies :love: )
Kent
Oxford Brookes
Lincon

And one other out of: Hertfordshire, Chichester, Bath Spa and Anglia Ruskin
I cant Decide !

Chichester for History - AWESOME course, fantastic department and utterly brilliant resources :biggrin:
Reply 89
social work

sheffield
southampton
york
leeds
and one more i cant decide :smile:
xx
Reply 90
social work:wink:

sheffield
southampton
york
leeds
and one more i cant decide :smile:
xx
apotoftea
Chichester for History - AWESOME course, fantastic department and utterly brilliant resources :biggrin:

Thanks, which uni do you do history at?
Reply 92
Maths/Economics

Aston
Birmingham
Warwick
Leicester/Loughborough
Coventry :frown:
Reply 93
French and German

Cambridge
Warwick (Maybe also French and Italian there)

But I have no idea where else to go :s-smilie:...we can't afford a london uni, and other places which are really good for languages are either St. Andrews which is 8h drive away and I'm just generally stuck :frown:.
.ACS.
What period of history are you interested in if you opt for BA History and Politics? Southampton has a very interesting course with a good focus on modern history. Additionally the School of Humanities is very large and so there are plenty of options available.

Additionally, if you're interested in anthropology, you could look at social anthropology possibly? There are a number of places that offer Anthropology without the need to take archaeology.

well if i could choose it would probably be late antiquity, anything involving the "barbarian" world really, but im interested in all aspects of the past, wether its shaka zulu or adolf hitler, but yeah things like alaric the goth, boudicca,vercingetorix,herman the german appeal to me most.

any idea/links 2 such courses (anthropology), i wouldnt mind combining with another subject like politics, international relations,warstudies, history etc. just archeology seems tedious 2 me, dont think ive got the patience.
Depending on results, but hopefully...
Dentistry
Kings College
Liverpool
Leeds
Manchester or Birmingham
tigger_786
Maths/Economics

Aston
Birmingham
Warwick
Leicester/Loughborough
Coventry :frown:

im going for the same course but looking at mostly differant unis, lol how come your applying for coventry?
For a while I was determined to do Psychology, then I changed my mind to French with German but for now I've settled on Law with French language/law/law studies in Europe. I'll hopefully be applying to:

Oxford (I've been impressed with Merton), Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham and Leicester.
Reply 98
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK
im going for the same course but looking at mostly differant unis, lol how come your applying for coventry?

My mother has told me that i'm not moving out for uni so it's between warwick or cov. :mad:
Im just applying to coventry to keep her from getting on my case :smile:

Which uni's you applying to?
tigger_786
My mother has told me that i'm not moving out for uni so it's between warwick or cov. :mad:
Im just applying to coventry to keep her from getting on my case :smile:

Which uni's you applying to?

im looking at leeds, birmingham, southampton, york, royal holloway, nottingham, exeter ...warwick would be nice but i think preparing for the step papers would be too much extra work on top of a levels

Latest

Trending

Trending