Turn on thread page Beta

The Algarve watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    There is a group of 24 of us going to the algarve; in more detail we're going to Albufeira (not sure how its spelt) and apparently there's a stretch of bars and clubs called "The Strip".
    Just wondering if anyone had been to the area and could recommend the best places to go to visit in the night
    CHEERS!

ReputationRep:
    Ive been to Albufeira - stayed in a place called Villamoura which is like 10 mins away...went theres several years ago with my family tho so bars nd clubs were not really on my agenda - it is very touristy tho, bars everywhere. Nice place.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I went to Villamoura, not Albufeira Shame :rolleyes:
    Well, if you ever end up going to the former, somehow, def. visit the dock areas and the beach In the day, it's also reallyy awesome driving to the mountains wherever you are (we did that, and along the way there were some awesome views. It was almost deserted, too, apart from a dilapidated cafe and a few villas, + a man with a donkey xD).
    If you look on the internet there are a ton of suggestions, btw.

Edit: hmm, I went many years ago so my recollection isn't great, and reading alessi's post makes me think that one of the dock areas we went to was in Albufeira... I remember a lot of bars, anyhow. They're all very much close to each other, so you could just about see it all if you really wanted.

ReputationRep:
    http://albufeira.com/directory/default.asp?activ=2
    to be honest it completely depends what night you hit it on, and how many are out, atmosphere and eveything. but they all tend to be pretty close together so if you aint having fun in one bar you can always mooch down to the next one, me and my mates have never failed to find a good night out (once ending in sleepin on the beach and throwing up and 5am...before going in search of chips!!! oh dear!!!)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.