Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently 6 people in Obama's administration have studied at LSE. (wiki)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laissezfaire)
    Hi,

Let me explain my situation....

LSE rejected me 4 hours before the UCAS deadline for universities to give answers (last day of March, if I recall correctly). Instead I hold a firm offer for Business and Management at King's College (Undergraduate). Now I know my IB results (International Baccalaureate):

LSE wants 37; 766 at HL; 6 English; 6 Math standard

I have: 41; 776 at HL; 6 English; 6 Math standard

The fact that I was soooo close to get an offer there (+ I really want to there) and actually have the qualifications to go makes me pissed..

What should I do??

PS Peter Orzag (in OBama administration) went to LSE, and I really think he's a douche+ LSE being Keynesian makes me not like it, but I'm chasing a management degree so it doesn't matter
    are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    1) UCAS deadline is may - LSE usually dont keep their internal march deadline.
    2) In my opinion you have no chance (sorry to be blunt) but let me advise you that talk is cheap i.e. call the admissions office on results day and hope a large proportion of offer holders did not make their conditions - otherwise you may never know.

ReputationRep:
    If you're an Austrian economist, which, judging by your distaste for fractional-reserve banking, you probably are, I'd suggest you go to King's and enjoy yourself rather than being bitter over the particular school of economic thought taught at LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laissezfaire)
    But I'll be studying management, and not economics
    My point was as follows - if it will bother you, go to King's. If it won't, try for LSE.

Sorry for not being clear in my original post.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.