Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have answers to the November 2008 paper? (multiple choice section) , because the TSA site doesn't seem to have published them. Help would be very much appreciated!
    Also, on the site There is only a specimen paper and 2008 paper. Any chance of anyone having previous year papers?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    ok, now i know this is a weird question but here we go: is there anybody who wants to have a look at one or two of my timed essays to the questions of previous papers?! i'm an international so i just need some advice, as our school system absolutely fails in teaching us any essay skills..
    soooo anybody that bored out there with extra time?!? c'mon people, i know there a LOT of VERY bored people out there..

btw, i can't believe I'm actually gonna have to fly to take this test..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    I wish UCAS would give clearer guidance. There are lots of ambiguities when filling the forms in and the help sections are so limited. I've put it and sent it anyway, but I don't care about other unis seeing that I've applied to Oxford. I'm pretty sure they'd work it out anyway based on the rest of my application and the early send date.
    Yeah, I see what you mean. It's probably not a big deal.

Good luck with your application! TSA in a month

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

i'm applying to read E&M @ LMH can't believe TSA is only a month away!

strangely I'm more excited than nervous cause from what I can tell, TSA is a measure of raw ability and is thus pretty much impossible to practise for.

good luck everyone

(Original post by Coughsplutter)
    I've paid and sent my form off to my referee today and I'm still not entirely happy with the personal statement, but to be fair I don't think I ever would be. Re-reading the first ever draft I did, it's just plain awful :o: Horrible pretentious cheesiness.

:woo:

I don't think I've managed to entirely eradicate the cheesy odour but it's tonnes better than what I was and I've actually adressed substantial, solid points rather than waffle on with flowery words.

I'm scared. I'm really scared. :eek3:

Well, it can be sent back for final modification by my referee if she finds anything majorly wrong, so there's not too much to fear. But yes, I'm still scared :o:
    haha same, my 1st was really childish but had too many big words, my second was way too pretentious, my current one isnt too bad but im not happy with it, im gna do some last minute tweaking 2mro then pay and send it so my head of 6 can check it, then its a waiting game! im also not sure whether to put all my choices on now, or wait so they dont know im applying to oxford hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matija_v)
    ok, now i know this is a weird question but here we go: is there anybody who wants to have a look at one or two of my timed essays to the questions of previous papers?! i'm an international so i just need some advice, as our school system absolutely fails in teaching us any essay skills..
    soooo anybody that bored out there with extra time?!? c'mon people, i know there a LOT of VERY bored people out there..

btw, i can't believe I'm actually gonna have to fly to take this test..
    I'll do it, most people say I have a good essay style, but afterall this the Oxford exam so I cant guarantee my help will be sufficient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    haha same, my 1st was really childish but had too many big words, my second was way too pretentious, my current one isnt too bad but im not happy with it, im gna do some last minute tweaking 2mro then pay and send it so my head of 6 can check it, then its a waiting game! im also not sure whether to put all my choices on now, or wait so they dont know im applying to oxford hmmm
    It's better if you apply to 3 really good choices now, and if they reject by January you can add 2 'lower' ones to be safe... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Argh I'm panicking over this stupid test, I just have a feeling I'm going to get into the exam room and freeze.

(Original post by pinkpenguin)
    How many PPE applicants have we got in the house?
    :hello:

Applying to Brasenose, I think.

(Original post by Clements-)
    Just had to pay £35 in admin fees to sit the TSA at college. FFS.
    I had to pay £40 :nn: Being a private candidate is a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    I'll do it, most people say I have a good essay style, but afterall this the Oxford exam so I cant guarantee my help will be sufficient
    thanks, i'll just pm them to you, ok?! cool thing..

ReputationRep:
    How do we register for the TSA? Are we automatically entered if we apply for PPE at Oxford, or do we have to contact our exams officer or something of the sort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    How do we register for the TSA? Are we automatically entered if we apply for PPE at Oxford, or do we have to contact our exams officer or something of the sort?
    You are not entered automatically. You need to register, so you'll have to contact your exams officer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roundabout)
    You are not entered automatically. You need to register, so you'll have to contact your exams officer.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Registered for the TSA at my school today.

Should also finish my personal statement tonight

ReputationRep:
    The TSA is on the same day as the Senior Mathematics Team Challenge, so I can't go to it quite disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    The TSA is on the same day as the Senior Mathematics Team Challenge, so I can't go to it quite disappointed.
    Ahh...probably be the same for me...

...although, the senior team challenge tends to be later on in the afternoon...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Ahh...probably be the same for me...

...although, the senior team challenge tends to be later on in the afternoon...?
    My teacher told me it was all day. I've already took my name of the list to go anyway so yeah..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    My teacher told me it was all day. I've already took my name of the list to go anyway so yeah..
    Ah I see - okay...

ReputationRep:
    I did the November 2008 TSA paper last night, just the multiple choice section and scored 21! :O
    Shocking much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j1991)
    I did the November 2008 TSA paper last night, just the multiple choice section and scored 21! :O
    Shocking much?
    I'd probably score something similar :cool:

ReputationRep:
    My centre registered me for the test yesterday, they'd never even heard of it so they had to call up and enquire about it. I'm dreading it, I'm so bad at multiple choice questions for some reason :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.