Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I tried the november 2008 one and got 41 but didn't have time to finish so I need to practice doin it faster.
    What proportion of your result comes from the essay? (cos I can't do essays) (e.g. multiple choice:essay 3:1, 2:1, 1:1 ???)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    I tried the november 2008 one and got 41 but didn't have time to finish so I need to practice doin it faster.
    What proportion of your result comes from the essay? (cos I can't do essays) (e.g. multiple choice:essay 3:1, 2:1, 1:1 ???)
    I would think 1:1 if you're applying for PPE since all you'd be doing three years is writing essays anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matija_v)
    thanks, i'll just pm them to you, ok?! cool thing..
    lol ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    I would think 1:1 if you're applying for PPE since all you'd be doing three years is writing essays anyway.
    Nah, I'm applying for E&M. Might not be as important

ReputationRep:
    You won't know what score you got on the essay (since the essays are marked by the folks at Oxford), so it's also impossible to know what the weightings are. However, I'd think that the multiple-choice section is slightly more important, since it provides a solid, standardized score with which to compare applicants.

ReputationRep:
    my exams at deloitte are 2 days before the TSA :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roundabout)
    You won't know what score you got on the essay (since the essays are marked by the folks at Oxford), so it's also impossible to know what the weightings are. However, I'd think that the multiple-choice section is slightly more important, since it provides a solid, standardized score with which to compare applicants.
    But don't you think that if you write a great essay, the Oxford-tutor-person reading it would be impressed, and want to interview you anyway, despite your multiple choice score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    my exams at deloitte are 2 days before the TSA :indiff:
    Have you had a phone interview? If so, got any advice on like what they ask and stuff because i have mine on Tuesday.

Oh and im applying for PPE - Oriel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaddyD15)
    Have you had a phone interview? If so, got any advice on like what they ask and stuff because i have mine on Tuesday.

oh sorry, I'm actually working at Deloitte at the moment. I never had a phone interview - mine were all in person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaddyD15)
    Ditto x

ReputationRep:
    Well that was diverting, 92% (46/50) on the multiple choice in 45 minutes. Is that good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Well that was diverting, 92% (46/50) on the multiple choice in 45 minutes. Is that good?
    It's alright, for an Oxford Brookes student.

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, for an Oxford Brookes student.
    I know someone at Oxford who liked to take the piss out of Brookes, he was informed by the older members of his college that he should keep quiet until/unless he got a first in prelims/mods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I know someone at Oxford who liked to take the piss out of Brookes, he was informed by the older members of his college that he should keep quiet until/unless he got a first in prelims/mods.
    Did he get that first in prelims/mods? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Did he get that first in prelims/mods? :p:
    Yep, but the principle still stands, being mean about Oxford Brookes is rarely a clever idea when you haven't proven anything about your own ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Yep, but the principle still stands, being mean about Oxford Brookes is rarely a clever idea when you haven't proven anything about your own ability.
    I guess you didn't notice that my first comment was 'slightly' tongue-in-cheek. Thought you weren't being serious either, since 46/50 is obviously a good score (in fact, it's excellent).

ReputationRep:
    I guess you didn't notice that my first comment was 'slightly' tongue-in-cheek. Thought you weren't being serious either, since 46/50 is obviously a good score (in fact, it's excellent).
    Oh no, I noticed, don't worry. I'm having a bit of a wind up too since my undergraduate degree happened to be PPE at Oxford :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Oh no, I noticed, don't worry. I'm having a bit of a wind up too since my undergraduate degree happened to be PPE at Oxford :p:
    And I happened to know that from the start. :p:

ReputationRep:
    And I happened to know that from the start. :p:
    Well you just take all the fun out of wind ups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    So after getting his first you presumably let him say whatever he pleased about Oxford Brookes!?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.