Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how do I list TSA in UCAS? it doesn't have a "pending" thingie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wightspider)
    how do I list TSA in UCAS? it doesn't have a "pending" thingie.
    You don't. At least I didn't...

Talk to your exams officer or whatever, and they should be able to enter you for it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice one, what sort of questions do they ask in the main interview? just because it will probably be similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia:x)
    Ditto x
    , did you go up there for an open day?

ReputationRep:
    Ditto x
    lol, you've got an offer already! What grades to UEA want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaddyD15)
    , did you go up there for an open day?
    Yep! Were you there? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    lol, you've got an offer already! What grades to UEA want?
    My offer is ABB x

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Were you there? x
    Yeah i went on the 2nd July in the morning, when did you go? x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i went on the 2nd July in the morning, when did you go? x
    I was there on the 1st, so wouldn't have seen you, fingers crossed might see you there come October! Although that's very unlikely for me lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buffyboy)
    So after getting his first you presumably let him say whatever he pleased about Oxford Brookes!?
    I didn't let him say anything, it wasn't me that said it. Personally I think it's bad manners to **** off a university unless someone gives you reason to do so by bringing up how awesomely superior they are or something. Going to the university probably also makes it alright to comment.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure you will do well. Congrats on your offer by the way, i really want an offer. I'll pm you my msn or something, would be nice to talk to you more x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i went on the 2nd July in the morning
    hi, are you quite tall with blond hair? i think you were in my group for the oriel tour

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for this thread! It is so reassuring to find other people worrying about the TSA.

I'm like most people in the fact that it is the second paper I am more worried about as the practise papers give no indication of what the admissions tutors will be looking for!

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from Oxford today, reminding to be registered for the TSA, anyone else got an email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j1991)
    I got an email from Oxford today, reminding to be registered for the TSA, anyone else got an email?
    Yup, I just got it too

By the way, can I be added to the list in the first post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_c_100)
    hi, are you quite tall with blond hair? i think you were in my group for the oriel tour
    Yeah. You going to apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseyElla)
    Thank you for this thread! It is so reassuring to find other people worrying about the TSA.
    No problem! I thought we should all worry together, in the same place...

(Original post by j1991)
    Yes got it! At least now I know they actually have my application...

ReputationRep:
    right, i just got 30/45 in the multiple choice practices in both the 2008 paper and the specimen. In my opinion thats shocking, and although I am aware that they used a standardised scoring method, but where would 30/45 lie in terms of position. i.e top 40%?, top 80%? etc

Also, when I go other them, I realise that a lot of my incorrect answers are stupid mistakes, brought about by time pressure. I think that without these, I could push towards 40/50, but how exactly can this be achieved? Reading more slowly would mean I wouldnt finish. Is my brain just not fast enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elitist1991)
    right, i just got 30/45 in the multiple choice practices in both the 2008 paper and the specimen. In my opinion thats shocking, and although I am aware that they used a standardised scoring method, but where would 30/45 lie in terms of position. i.e top 40%?, top 80%? etc

Also, when I go other them, I realise that a lot of my incorrect answers are stupid mistakes, brought about by time pressure. I think that without these, I could push towards 40/50, but how exactly can this be achieved? Reading more slowly would mean I wouldnt finish. Is my brain just not fast enough
    No-one knows the mystery that is the TSA marking system, and no-one can tell you what a good mark is. Personally, I don't think 30/50 is bad, and it's certainly not shocking. Combined with a good essay, I'd imagine you'd get an interview with a score like that.

Btw does anyone have any other TSA papers from previous years?

ReputationRep:
    The problem with trying to grade your specimen paper is that the system used to mark the TSA (Rasch) is based on how everyone else finds the specific question. For example say everyone got the question right, you wouldn't get that many marks for it whereas if you were the only person to get it right you would get more.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.