Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    Well, I do not have one at the moment, but I could start a blog for you. In return you can share with me the mysteries of PPE?
    I would direct you to my extremely helpful post made just before the start of another year of PPE bliss:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...s#post14681174
    This was aimed at helping exactly the kind of people who would pay for TSA help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Yes, I've got it! That's what was niggling away at me. You sound very much like you're trying to sell this person's product without being too obvious about it. This would be supported by the fact that you only joined this month and fully half of your posts are in this thread.

Poor show.
    Why are most of my posts here in this thread? Perhaps b/c I'm applying to Oxford and sitting the exam in little over a month, and hoping for some tips apart from the usual "you can't prepare for this test" nonsense.

Oh yes, I must be plugging their material, as I dared to go against you and prove that you would be inadequate, compared to this 100% guy, in teaching the TSA.

Poor show Teebs, on this and petty neg-repping people (shows your inadequate frustration in only being able to get 90% on an easier test ha!).

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do you wanna be bff?
    (Original post by Teebs)
    My Oxford degree is far too valuable :yep:
    Very valuable indeed – random people from the internet want to be your friends. :p:

Edit: Didn't mean to disparage your degree... I'm sure she's a lovely person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I would direct you to my extremely helpful post made just before the start of another year of PPE bliss:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...s#post14681174
    This was aimed at helping exactly the kind of people who would pay for TSA help.
    lol I'll try to do my best to follow this, but 1 & 2 may be a bit of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irobot)
    Why are most of my posts here in this thread? Perhaps b/c I'm applying to Oxford and sitting the exam in little over a month, and hoping for some tips apart from the usual "you can't prepare for this test" nonsense.
    It's a warning sign when someone signs up only ever posts in two threads and in one of those threads is extolling the virtues of a commercial product.

Oh yes, I must be plugging their material, as I dared to go against you and prove that you would be inadequate, compared to this 100% guy, in teaching the TSA.
    Heh, I like it. Dared to go against me, as if that's some hugely brave thing to do. Interesting definition of proof too. Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. Hell, for the sake of argument let's assume you are, your need to 'prove' it and get significance from that proof is very odd considering I offered 1/10th of the price for my apparently less adequate service. If one person offered me an excellent good for £100 and another offered me the same type of good but of lower quality for £10 I might not accept (depending on the difference in quality), but I certainly wouldn't start feeling the need to go on about how much better the expensive version is.

Poor show Teebs, on this and petty neg-repping people (shows your inadequate frustration in only being able to get 90% on an easier test ha!).
    Nope, my petty neg-repping people shows that I gain a certain amount of amusement from petty neg repping of people. I do like the idea that getting in the 90s rather than 100 makes me go around negging people. I realise that Oxford has a reputation for being full of perfectionist and somewhat OCD people, but really it's not *that* bad.

(Original post by roundabout)
    Very valuable indeed – random people from the internet want to be your friends.
    If only it was the same for real people :p:

Well reading all this just made me feel so much better. :| Posts like irobots make me think
    -i'm never going to get in, i dont know why I even applied
    -if I do get in, Im going to be surrounded by people like him, why did I apply

Southampton aren't doing Ppe for 2010 entry it says it on the website!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    Southampton aren't doing Ppe for 2010 entry it says it on the website!
    They're doing philo & eco though. I think Manchester may be my 'safety' then

ReputationRep:
    Btw irobot, I neg repped you a couple of posts ago, forgot what I commented though. It was something mean.

ReputationRep:
    Btw irobot, I neg repped you a couple of posts ago, forgot what I commented though. It was something mean.
    I approve. Not only do you neg people with mean comments, you then own up to it. I always think anonymous negging ruins things. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I approve. Not only do you neg people with mean comments, you then own up to it. I always think anonymous negging ruins things. :yep:
    haha I knooow, I got some neg reps calling me 'dumb filthy slut' or 'you and critical thinking?!?!? HAAHAHAH', I really wish I knew who left them :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha I knooow, I got some neg reps calling me 'dumb filthy slut' or 'you and critical thinking?!?!? HAAHAHAH', I really wish I knew who left them :p:
    Oh that was me.

Not really.

ReputationRep:
    No worries on the negging - I'll just neg you back now to prove that the above comment was not written by me (as a user is only allowed to neg another once every 30 days or something)

ReputationRep:
    No worries on the negging - I'll just neg you back now to prove that the above comment was not written by me (as a user is only allowed to neg another once every 30 days or something)

Oh I dont doubt that it isnt you, the rep was received a couple of days ago But thank you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I dont doubt that it isnt you, the rep was received a couple of days ago But thank you anyway.
    Oh sorry, just put my neg rep through - darn rapid quick reply responses :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry, just put my neg rep through - darn rapid quick reply responses :p:
    lol that's quite okay, but as for me being a 'naive idiot' as you put it -
    I am very aware that many people pay to get coached for all parts of the process, and even have their PS written for them by experts, but just because a lot of people do it doesnt make the practice any less pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly one year ago, there were 35 posts on 'The big TSA 2008 Thread'. That means that this year there will be 10 times as many applicants.

Sorry guys, but I think the petty arguing is pointless. You're all completely ******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roundabout)
    Exactly one year ago, there were 35 posts on 'The big TSA 2008 Thread'. That means that this year there will be 10 times as many applicants.

Sorry guys, but I think the petty arguing is pointless. You're all completely ******.
    I think that petty arguing is quite enjoyable.

They're doing philo & eco though. I think Manchester may be my 'safety' then
    manchester is mine for pol and eco, ABB! and i feel quite disadvantaged not being prepped for anything, my ps was all mine etc, but to be honest i like my school, i dont think i would want to be in a school like irobots where everyone is like a child prodigy being prepped for oxbridge, my school gets 1 or 2 a year, thats enough for me

(Original post by roundabout)

haha yes, yes we are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teebs)
    I think that petty arguing is quite enjoyable.
    I agree, but I think that widespread panic might be even better.

In the words of John D. Rockefeller: "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    manchester is mine for pol and eco, ABB! and i feel quite disadvantaged not being prepped for anything, my ps was all mine etc, but to be honest i like my school, i dont think i would want to be in a school like irobots where everyone is like a child prodigy being prepped for oxbridge, my school gets 1 or 2 a year, thats enough for me

haha yes, yes we are
    Last year 1 person got in Oxford (first in a decade!) and 1 in Cambridge (but applied through Aim Higher, so it is difficult to judge the school's part) . Trust me , I know about being under prepared Last year, I had no prep whatsoever for the TSA apart from briefly looking at the questions

Dont Manchester have Philo&Eco, or PPE as a whole? :confused: Im so confused. If I get rejected by York (and Oxford and UCL, obviously :p: ) I really dont know where to apply for 'safety'. :X

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.