Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irobot)
    Ha, this just shows your limited knowledge on things. I presume the fact that you just combined financial services into one bunch, shows your ignroance.

Corporate Finance - KPMG have had a lead in this division and frankly (as can be seen from the IB in take from the firm), it is head and shoulders above the rest.

Consultancy - Deloitte have, as with KPMG's case with CF, a head and shoulders lead to any big4.

Tax - KPMG is then followed by PwC, E&Y (who only pip Deloitte to the post b/c they have a better structured tax division - big business these days!), then Deloitte.

Audit - Whilst PwC may be the largest in this division, a closer look at the figures shows a consensus image. PwC have been the firm which has the lost most market share (as shown by figures of 2008, the last FY available at the moment), with KPMG showing the most growth in picking up this division, followed by Deloitte. Accountancy Age, The FT and other awards towards accountancy, have all named KPMG as the 'Auditor of the Year' in recognition of this - a simple Google search will give you the full list of result!

If you actually engaged your brain, you would realise the reason why PwC has had an inherent advantage in Audit is, b/c they were the first Big4 to merge (i.e. they were the first of the Big4 - long after did the others come along to then form the Big5, then the Big4 with the Arther Anderson scandal).
    I would do what your last comment stated at me now :rolleyes:

The only thing worse than arrogance is unjustified arrogance. Do people like this actually get in to Oxford? I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of my application...

ReputationRep:
    I would be surprised if this loser makes it to interview. I can just imagine his PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    I would be surprised if this loser makes it to interview. I can just imagine his PS.
    Ditto. Either way, I don't think he'll get in. Even with his $1500 spend on TSA coaching, his arrogance and apparently lack of teachability will probably mess him up. I've known people that are geniuses with flawless academic records who are overly cocky and completely unteachable which comes across in the interview, who as a result, get rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Ditto. Either way, I don't think he'll get in. Even with his $1500 spend on TSA coaching, his arrogance and apparently lack of teachability will probably mess him up. I've known people that are geniuses with flawless academic records who are overly cocky and completely unteachable which comes across in the interview, who as a result, get rejected.
    I am glad to hear this

ReputationRep:
    irobot, what college have you applied to? Please let it be mine.

I am glad to hear this
    we have effectively ridiculed him!!! haha, although i have to say his arrogance is mildly amusing! It also makes me glad that despite my slightly over average academic record i wouldnt want a perfect one if it meant turning out like him! Im happy to be a normal kid with good grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    we have effectively ridiculed him!!! haha, although i have to say his arrogance is mildly amusing! It also makes me glad that despite my slightly over average academic record i wouldnt want a perfect one if it meant turning out like him! Im happy to be a normal kid with good grades!

I am not! AAB is not good enough, at all. But then again I am a perfectionist :eek3:

On topic:
    I have emailed my exams officer twice about giving me the time and hall details of the TSA and she replied she is sorting it out tomorrow and will reply then. She left me a voicemail on the 14th asking if it is PPE I am applying for, eventhough I told her about registering in early September. Also, she hasnt asked me for my UCAS id and she needs it to register me, but it is possible she has it from last year, since I am reapplying. I have two ID-s : one from apply and one from track. Should I email them to her?? I am very worried.

I think she hasnt registered me. Hasnt the final deadline passed?

PS
    http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...d/datesandcost

OMG it has passed. I havent been supplied with my online details for the TSA which must mean she hasnt registered me? :/

I am not! AAB is not good enough, at all. But then again I am a perfectionist :eek3:

On topic:
    I have emailed my exams officer twice about giving me the time and hall details of the TSA and she replied she is sorting it out tomorrow and will reply then. She left me a voicemail on the 14th asking if it is PPE I am applying for, eventhough I told her about registering in early September. Also, she hasnt asked me for my UCAS id and she needs it to register me, but it is possible she has it from last year, since I am reapplying. I have two ID-s : one from apply and one from track. Should I email them to her?? I am very worried.

PS

OMG it has passed. I havent been supplied with my online details for the TSA which must mean she hasnt registered me? :/
    i meant over-average nationally if we talk in terms of oxford ppe average i am severely below lol oh well its worth a shot!

ReputationRep:

On topic:

PS

, you've missed the deadline.

However, it does say: Candidates or centres who miss this deadline date should contact Cambridge Assessment., which when read liberally, means you can still register for the test. Sort it out tomorrow. Talk to your exams officer in person etc. get it all sorted out there and then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    , you've missed the deadline.

However, it does say: Candidates or centres who miss this deadline date should contact Cambridge Assessment., which when read liberally, means you can still register for the test. Sort it out tomorrow. Talk to your exams officer in person etc. get it all sorted out there and then!
    I just hope it is poor wording on her part and she has actually registered me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    yayyy you guys beat the arrogant, pompous, know-it-all private schooler!! :woo:
    Only prob is that there are still thousands of them out there probs...one down at least :p:

ReputationRep:
    I just hope it is poor wording on her part and she has actually registered me
    Well phone the bloody woman up and find out and then contact the exam people if she hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha!

Next your going to be bringing up the sterotype of how private school children have no experience of the real world, were as state school students receieved a more balanced education :rolleyes:

Just b/c I have a perfect academic record (due in large not of my efforts, but the excellent teaching I receive in school), does in no way make me a bookworm, or in your words 'unteachable' (it is b/c of my teachers that I have such good grades in the first place).

This whole 'let's get the private school kid' nonsense is just that, nonsense. Believe it or not, not everyone who goes to a private school is rich, not everyone who goes to a private school does not know what the real-world is, and not every kid (or even the majority for all of the above) is a book-worm/unteachable b/c of arrogance - are you that stupid that you thought I would show such levels of arrogance towards admissions tutors; I know better than to do that.

Fact is, we make up something like 7% of the total school population, yet account for over half the intake at Oxbridge - clearly shows private schools are doing something right, be that through their teaching and/or couching candidates in getting into Oxbridge.

You think that you have 'brought me down', but as said above, there are 000's more of us, particularly when applying to Oxbridge (not that it should actually be a competition between private and state when applying anyway, which you/others have seemed to turn it into) :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha!

Next your going to be bringing up the sterotype of how private school children have no experience of the real world, were as state school students receieved a more balanced education :rolleyes:

Just b/c I have a perfect academic record (due in large not of my efforts, but the excellent teaching I receive in school), does in no way make me a bookworm, or in your words 'unteachable' (it is b/c of my teachers that I have such good grades in the first place).

This whole 'let's get the private school kid' nonsense is just that, nonsense. Believe it or not, not everyone who goes to a private school is rich, not everyone who goes to a private school does not know what the real-world is, and not every kid (or even the majority for all of the above) is a book-worm/unteachable b/c of arrogance - are you that stupid that you thought I would show such levels of arrogance towards admissions tutors; I know better than to do that.

Fact is, we make up something like 7% of the total school population, yet account for over half the intake at Oxbridge - clearly shows private schools are doing something right, be that through their teaching and/or couching candidates in getting into Oxbridge.

You think that you have 'brought me down', but as said above, there are 000's more of us, particularly when applying to Oxbridge (not that it should actually be a competition between private and state when applying anyway, which you/others have seemed to turn it into) :yep:
    you are absolutely right, not all private schoolers are arrogant, there are loads who aren't anything like it.

Unfortunately you are not one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very happy to accept people behave differently online than off, but if you think that acting the way you do here in front of people other than admissions tutors is going to get you anywhere you're in for a nasty surprise. The state school students will hate you and all but a tiny minority of private schoolers will also hate you, and in the end your fellow students are going to be the people that determine how much you enjoy university and will have a large impact on your success in post-university life.

:yep:
    Fact is actually that the majority of students at Oxbridge are from state schools and that state schools get students in in proportion to their application numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha!

Well, I'd be really shocked if I were to bring up that argument, since I'm privately educated. Or, was anyway.

Also, I'm not saying you're unteachable because you study a lot and have a good academic record. It's completely down to your attitude, which to be honest is pretty alarming. So who the hell said anything about some private school argument? I've been privately educated for years so why would I have any thing against private school students you imbecile?

You also did the typical thing people do when they've been completely wrong in an argument - change the subject and rant about something else.

(Original post by Teebs)
    I'm very happy to accept people behave differently online than off, but if you think that acting the way you do here in front of people other than admissions tutors is going to get you anywhere you're in for a nasty surprise. The state school students will hate you and all but a tiny minority of private schoolers will also hate you, and in the end your fellow students are going to be the people that determine how much you enjoy university and will have a large impact on your success in post-university life.

Fact is actually that the majority of students at Oxbridge are from state schools and that state schools get students in in proportion to their application numbers.
    I think he will now attack you and claim that you are ignorant etc. it will be amusing

and you know irobot can play the "you all hate me just cuz i am from a private school" but truth be told, my best friend went to a big fancy school and so do some of my other friends, i have nothing against private school people in general, i made the comment about the debate team in jest, i spose i have a sense of pride that i may be able to beat people who pay for their education but thats just a silly little thought of mine. However you do not do yourself any favors suggesting paying $1500 for tutoring for the TSA when we will all be going in blind, its unfair and really makes it seem as if you are trying to buy your way into oxford - something which doesn't go down well with us or more importantly admissions tutors

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap, with regards to UCAS ID, when I started my app and applied for the TSA, I used the UCAS ID apply gave me. However, upon applying, I have just got my letter through saying that my UCAS ID is now the same as last year and not the one I registered for the TSA with. What the **** do I do?

ReputationRep:
    rah rah my daddy's driving me in a porsche to my oxford interview.

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap, with regards to UCAS ID, when I started my app and applied for the TSA, I used the UCAS ID apply gave me. However, upon applying, I have just got my letter through saying that my UCAS ID is now the same as last year and not the one I registered for the TSA with. What the **** do I do?
    Call the Hertford admissions office tomorrow and explain your situation. To me that sounds like a small technicality that I'm sure can be sorted out easily.

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.