Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i dont have that option my school are really strict, oxbridge applications deadline september 7th :/ so ive gta get cracking!

come on dont let the thread die!!!
    there are hundreds of potential oxford ppe-ists relying us to keep them up to date on the tsa! WE CAN DO IT!!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom gavin)
    come on dont let the thread die!!!
    there are hundreds of potential oxford ppe-ists relying us to keep them up to date on the tsa! WE CAN DO IT!!!! lol
    Nice one tom gavin.

I think what we need to do is maybe discuss approaches to questions, look at some example questions and essays and decide how we'd go about them...?

I'm busy now but I'll post some up later!

im on work experience now, but maybe at the weekend ill try and sit down and write an answer to one essay in a close to half an hour as i can. Then we can talk about it or something. (dont expect anything good lol)

ReputationRep:
    im on work experience now, but maybe at the weekend ill try and sit down and write an answer to one essay in a close to half an hour as i can. Then we can talk about it or something. (dont expect anything good lol)
    Haha - that sounds good.

As Thread Starter, I feel I should do the same....
    We'll see...

yes you should then we can compare

ReputationRep:
    I'll do it as well if you like.

This thread'll pick up nearer the time. There's no point starting to worry/prepare for it months in advance. It's meant to be a test you can't prepare for anyway. The essays should probably be saved for nearer the time..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I appreciate this thread/ will use it!

But probably not for a lil' while!

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys - so essays in November, yeah?

but the test is november 5th!!! lol october preperation

ReputationRep:
    but the test is november 5th!!! lol october preperation
    Haha - yeah, I meant essays in October!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be here in October x

ReputationRep:
    I worked on mine some more today i'm loads over the character count and i still want to add more :'(
    Same. Well, it was last night I did a bit on it.

I'm applying for EP. The multiple choice bit looks fun, not looking forward to the essay.

(Original post by Meliae)
    Same. Well, it was last night I did a bit on it.

I'm applying for EP. The multiple choice bit looks fun, not looking forward to the essay.
    yh im still working on it, i wanna read loads of books first so i can make comments on them!

yh i actually like problem solving like that, the essay is gayyyyy cuz u can really mess up :'(

ReputationRep:
    yh im still working on it, i wanna read loads of books first so i can make comments on them!

yh i actually like problem solving like that, the essay is gayyyyy cuz u can really mess up :'(
    I have no clue how to write my personal statement either, especially as I'm going to apply for Economics & Philosophy at some places..

im going for ppe, but i was considering looking at politics and economics at some places i.e lse but they will be like why are you talking aboutm philosophy! :/ so i decided against it! but there arent really many good universities with ABB grades for ppe its kinda all or nothing!

ReputationRep:
    I've just made my job a lot easier by applying to PPE at all places, although I'm not too keen on my last two choices (York and Manchester)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    I've just made my job a lot easier by applying to PPE at all places, although I'm not too keen on my last two choices (York and Manchester)
    I've always had the mentality that I'd much rather have 5 rejections instead of like, 3 rejections and 2 offers from universities I wouldn't want to go to. I'd just apply next year with (hopefully) solid A2 grades...

ReputationRep:
    The essay part of the TSA looks so dodgy!! The multiple-choice don't look that bad if you practice...but i did AS critical thinking so that would advantage me a bit. I heard there are books that can help you for the test, does anyone know any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    I've always had the mentality that I'd much rather have 5 rejections instead of like, 3 rejections and 2 offers from universities I wouldn't want to go to. I'd just apply next year with (hopefully) solid A2 grades...
    I think not to get an offer from anywhere would be a pretty bad sign if you were thinking of re-applying to Oxford to be honest. Also, the quality of teaching and standard of student life is pretty good at all the top five places that offer PPE, so in the grand scheme of things I don't think which one you go to makes that much difference. So It's kind of bizarre that so many people have this attitude, even though I can kind of see that if you get your heart set on somewhere every alternative seems unfeasibly bad.

Perhaps it stems from a desire to go a University with a big name? I heard three lads saying they would take a gap year out (even though they didn't want to) then re-apply if they didn't get into Durham or Oxford, which I personally find fairly incomprehensible considering how similar everywhere seems.

What Unis are you thinking of ? / Applying to ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.