Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)

I dont get how they are calculating the numbers Someone please explain? Am I doing this wrong?
    Which book is the question out of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlamCanyon)
    Which book is the question out of?
    Thinking Skills by Butterworth and Thwaites

ReputationRep:
    Thinking Skills by Butterworth and Thwaites
    Cool thanks. My friend is applying for PPE so might recommend it, is it good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlamCanyon)
    Cool thanks. My friend is applying for PPE so might recommend it, is it good?
    It is a bit basic, but very good for the critical thinking section The questions in the end of unit assessments are not that well written, but for the most part it's good

ReputationRep:
    It is a bit basic, but very good for the critical thinking section The questions in the end of unit assessments are not that well written, but for the most part it's good
    Is it £20 'very good'? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    Is it £20 'very good'? :erm:
    No It explains the TSA Specification in detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Another PPE applicant!!

How's prep going?
    I mean, I'm not really sure on what I should be preparing! I'm trying to do some critical thinking stuff when I have free time, but I'm afraid I don't have a lot of that...

(Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    Hey mortifera i am applying to new for ppe too! =)
    so u live in the us?
    Awesome! Hopefully we'll see each other there next year...!
    And yes, I live in the US. I'm from New Orleans, if you know where that is.

Which of the books that Cambridge Assessment suggests would any of you say is the best?
    Is The Logic of Real Arguments good?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone whose applying to Christ Church for PPE??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortifera)
    I mean, I'm not really sure on what I should be preparing! I'm trying to do some critical thinking stuff when I have free time, but I'm afraid I don't have a lot of that...
    Yeah - I guess that's all you can do really! I'm working through that Butterworth/Thwaites book too - it's alright...I haven't got onto the problem solving section bit yet but I hope it's good!

I don't have a lot of free time either - just making the most of the half term now while I can. I still haven't finished reading the books on my PS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Yeah - I guess that's all you can do really! I'm working through that Butterworth/Thwaites book too - it's alright...I haven't got onto the problem solving section bit yet but I hope it's good!

I don't have a lot of free time either - just making the most of the half term now while I can. I still haven't finished reading the books on my PS...
    Me neither :[ I have ordered the last one but the postal strikes are slowing it down! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone using the 'Thinking Skills' book for prep? I bought it cheap off amazon but haven't got round to reading it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Is everyone using the 'Thinking Skills' book for prep? I bought it cheap off amazon but haven't got round to reading it yet.
    I think that's what most people are doing, although it's a textbook, so it's kinda pricey, especially due to UCAS robbing me of £19 :hmmm: I'll just do the two TSA tests in the next few weeks to get myself acquainted with the style of it, and then see how it goes on the day

ReputationRep:
    I think that's what most people are doing, although it's a textbook, so it's kinda pricey, especially due to UCAS robbing me of £19 :hmmm: I'll just do the two TSA tests in the next few weeks to get myself acquainted with the style of it, and then see how it goes on the day
    Two tests?

ReputationRep:
    Two tests?
    The spec & '08 one.

ReputationRep:
    The spec & '08 one.
    Oh, where'd you find the 08 one?

Does anyone have the answers for the 08 one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...st+Preparation
    Section 1 - Thinking Skills Assessment

TSA Oxford Specimen Section 1 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
    TSA Oxford Specimen Section 1 Answer Key (PDF, 19 KB)
    TSA Oxford 2008 Section 1 (PDF, 1 MB)
    TSA Oxford 2008 Section 1 Answer Key (PDF, 57 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Oh, where'd you find the 08 one?
    (Original post by trollman)
    urm it's on the website guys!!

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...st+Preparation

ReputationRep:
    woops got beaten to it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    woops got beaten to it lol
    1 - 0

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.