Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    urm it's on the website guys!!

http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...st+Preparation
    HAHA damn, I didn't see that last time I went on.

ReputationRep:
    I am getting anxioussssssss
    I have tried to stay away from the past papers until I finish the Thinking Skills book, but I only have 30pages left...
    The moment of truth will come soon :X

Btw I love that the Oxford forums have a sense of 'family' about them. Oxford applicants seem to be a lot more friendlier and approachable that all the applicants for my other Unis

so what book does everyone recommend? i have done no TSA prep as of yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    Me neither :[ I have ordered the last one but the postal strikes are slowing it down! :eek:
    Hopefully it will come soon - and it's not a fat one is it?

I'm trying to finish mine in the next couple of weeks as I have a mock interview at school on the 3rd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    so what book does everyone recommend? i have done no TSA prep as of yet!
    well the exam board (if that's what we can call it) recommends thinking skills by butterworth which i've got and so far seems pretty good.
    It's probs the best that you can find which has sections on both problem solving and critical thinking, the other ones are mostly just critical thinking.
    Would definitely recommend getting it.

Btw i've always wondered, how do you do that thing in ur sig where u cover something up and then when u click on it it opens??

ReputationRep:
    Btw I love that the Oxford forums have a sense of 'family' about them. Oxford applicants seem to be a lot more friendlier and approachable that all the applicants for my other Unis
    That's a matter of opinion :haughty:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Lool not sure about that...i mean look at that irobot guy!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    That's a matter of opinion :haughty:

:awesome:
    Dont ruin the aw moment :p:

Lool not sure about that...i mean look at that irobot guy!!! :p:
    Yea but us nice people made him leave (by saying mean things lol )

ReputationRep:
    well the exam board (if that's what we can call it) recommends thinking skills by butterworth which i've got and so far seems pretty good.
    It's probs the best that you can find which has sections on both problem solving and critical thinking, the other ones are mostly just critical thinking.
    Would definitely recommend getting it.

Btw i've always wondered, how do you do that thing in ur sig where u cover something up and then when u click on it it opens??
    You use "SPOILER" tabs
    [SPOILER][/SPOILER]

For example:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Quote me to see how this works...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Graphix]You use "SPOILER" tabs
    [SPOILER][/SPOILER]
    tHX =)

ReputationRep:
    Oh no basically you use
    the [spoiler][ /spoiler] around the text you want to be in the spoiler.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Snape kills Dumbledore

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    I forgot why he killed him! Now it's really bugging me.... aaaaaaaah :confused:

well.... dumbledore was already dying after he destroyed a horcrux, so dumbledore asked snape to kill him when the opportunity arose, he then used it as a way to seem a real deatheater, he then was a spy helping harry the whole time i love harry potter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    well.... dumbledore was already dying after he destroyed a horcrux, so dumbledore asked snape to kill him when the opportunity arose, he then used it as a way to seem a real deatheater, he then was a spy helping harry the whole time i love harry potter
    But why did he have to die

ReputationRep:
    to prove snape's loyalty to voldermort otherwise he wouldn't have trusted him. And then he woouldn't have been defeated!

haha u blatantly cried when u read it! He had to so that harry could step up and be a man in the next book it was a necessity - although i was a bit sad

ReputationRep:
    WELL:

Dumbledore got his hand messed up when destroying Marvolo Gaunt's ring (which was one of Voldemort's horcruxes). The curse that was put on him would have killed him quickly, but Snape managed to slow it down or something. Either way, Dumbledore was on his way out. He had ~6 months left at the time of his death, and then the curse would've got him.

Snape was on the side of Dumbledore (or the Order), and spied on Voldemort/Death Eaters for The Order - he was a good guy. This was probably due to Voldemort killing Lily Potter, as Snape wanted to tap that ass. Voldemort told Draco Malfoy to kill Dumbledore, fully knowing that Draco would fail. Draco's mum got scared, and instead of sending him to live with his auntie and uncle in Bel-Air, got Snape to promise to help Draco fulfill his mission. If Snape broke his promise, he'd die.

Fast forward to the Tower, and Draco's being a pussy about killing Dumbledore -- he can't do it. Snape comes along, and infront of all the other Death Eaters kills Dumbledore. Dumbledore would've died from the curse, and so Snape's act kept himself alive, and also cemented his false image of being loyal to Voldemort.

tl;dr: Snape didn't want to kill Dumbledore, but did it because Dumbledore would've died anyway, and it helped Snape's reputation as a loyal Death Eater (which he wasn't).

WELL:

Dumbledore got his hand messed up when destroying Marvolo Gaunt's ring (which was one of Voldemort's horcruxes). The curse that was put on him would have killed him quickly, but Snape managed to slow it down or something. Either way, Dumbledore was on his way out. He had ~6 months left at the time of his death, and then the curse would've got him.

Snape was on the side of Dumbledore (or the Order), and spied on Voldemort/Death Eaters for The Order - he was a good guy. This was probably due to Voldemort killing Lily Potter, as Snape wanted to tap that ass. Voldemort told Draco Malfoy to kill Dumbledore, fully knowing that Draco would fail. Draco's mum got scared, and instead of sending him to live with his auntie and uncle in Bel-Air, got Snape to promise to help Draco fulfill his mission. If Snape broke his promise, he'd die.

Fast forward to the Tower, and Draco's being a pussy about killing Dumbledore -- he can't do it. Snape comes along, and infront of all the other Death Eaters kills Dumbledore. Dumbledore would've died from the curse, and so Snape's act kept himself alive, and also cemented his false image of being loyal to Voldemort.

tl;dr: Snape didn't want to kill Dumbledore, but did it because Dumbledore would've died anyway, and it helped Snape's reputation as a loyal Death Eater (which he wasn't).
    i think im quite amused that oxford ppe applicants are so in to harry potter (myself included) i think we should petition for it to be a set text.... maybe in philo lol

ReputationRep:
    WELL:

:rofl:
    Thanks for this!

And yea, Harry Potter=love

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.