Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey i have applied for ppe at ox & registered for the tsa exam...
    however am i the only one who hasnt recieved any further info bout the exam?? i still havent recieved my stmnt of entry & other details from british council...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abe231)
    I just have a quick question - it is possible to reuse the scores from previous years? If I took it last year, can I use it again this year?
    No it says so on the website. Which is odd as your result will probably be better second time around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eimaan.j)
    hey i have applied for ppe at ox & registered for the tsa exam...
    however am i the only one who hasnt recieved any further info bout the exam?? i still havent recieved my stmnt of entry & other details from british council...
    I have not either, but I did go and see my college examination team and I am registered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matija_v)
    @09911041: I definitely think I got some answers wrong, did the test in a bit over an hour while listening to very danceable electronic music
    but I still do think 32 is C (it says nowhere that he dislikes pohotography, only that he doesn't want to talk about it) and I'm not sure about 25, 28, and 31, I could also agree with your answers to those questions!
    and 46: dunno really, that question doesn't make sense to.. but if i had to guess, i'd guess E, although 13.000 makes more sense, but it's not an answer!
    Maybe you're right with 32. I don't like the answer, though. ;-)
    46 is really weird and neither of the given answers fits the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy123123)
    Guys, im officially freaking out. Everyones so amazing

ALSO- has anyone done the NOV 2006 CIE paper 1...can we discuss the mark scheme??

p.s- im not a PPE student, EP.
    I've done the first 20 question. They seem easier to me.

Spoiler:
    Show

1. D
    2. C
    3. D
    4. B
    5. E
    6. E
    7. D
    8. C
    9. C
    10. A
    11. A
    12. E
    13. B
    14. A
    15. A
    16. E
    17. E
    18. B
    19. E
    20. C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09911041)
    I've done the first 20 question. They seem easier to me.

Spoiler:
    Show

1. D
    2. C
    3. D
    4. B
    5. E
    6. E
    7. D
    8. C
    9. C
    10. A
    11. A
    12. E
    13. B
    14. A
    15. A
    16. E
    17. E
    18. B
    19. E
    20. C
    Hi I did this one just now too and the first part does seem easier although the second is harder I think.
    My results differ in the following:

14: is definitely C
    17: I believe it is C because E says "all sufferers from heart disease" and it doesn't matter if a few can't take a long their brothers...

Btw. how long did you all take to complete this 2006 CIE paper. It says 2 hours, I tried to go for 1,5 but I didn't manage...

just about to do 2007 paper, i will post answers when im done we will see how many i get right lol! then im going to write an essay - i havent brought myself to do one yet :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stashup)
    Hi I did this one just now too and the first part does seem easier although the second is harder I think.
    My results differ in the following:

14: is definitely C
    17: I believe it is C because E says "all sufferers from heart disease" and it doesn't matter if a few can't take a long their brothers...

Btw. how long did you all take to complete this 2006 CIE paper. It says 2 hours, I tried to go for 1,5 but I didn't manage...
    14: haha, omg, i am so stupid. lovely silly mistake :rolleyes:
    17: probably i don't get the meaning of C but it doesn't make any sense to me. you're right that it doesn't matter for the investigation. I thought the sufferers needed a sis or bro to be identified and then not every "individual" would be able to do that.

i stopped after the first 20 question because they were imo "too" easy to be comparable to TSA questions.
    it took me around 20 minutes to do them. (maybe little bit more or less, donno)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    just about to do 2007 paper, i will post answers when im done we will see how many i get right lol! then im going to write an essay - i havent brought myself to do one yet :/
    where is this 2007 paper?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really good at all the argument ones but rubbish at some of the problem solving ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Page 36/37/38 of this thread...

...I think it was trollman who posted it as an attachment...

EDIT: Ooops judging by Stashup's post it seems to be page 32!!

ReputationRep:
    It's posted on page 32. I think it's safe to say that the 2006 CIE gets considerably harder after the first half.

What do you guys get for these two?

Recent research suggests that, contrary to popular belief, the firms that are making the most
    profit are the ones with the least happy workers. Therefore firms that deliberately make their
    workers unhappy can expect a rise in profits.

Which of the following identifies the main flaw in this argument?

A Unhappy workers are likely to leave their jobs.
    B It assumes workers are unhappy because of their work.
    C It assumes that unhappiness causes a rise in profits.
    D It assumes that there are no other factors than worker attitudes which determine profits.
    E It assumes that customers are displeased when served by discontented staff.

I really can't decide between B and D. Maybe an explanation from someone who trusts he can do so?:eek3:

Recent opinion polls have shown that less than half the population is happy with the health
    service and the majority fear for its future. But isn't the problem that people just expect too much
    of the service? After all, the health service was set up as a public service which would be
    available to all and free at the point of use. To expect from it high standards of individual
    attention, customer choice or an absence of practices which offend our finer feelings is absurd.
    Inevitably, expensive, high-quality services can only be enjoyed by those who can afford to pay
    for them.

Which of the following, if true, most weakens the argument in the passage above?

A Opinion polls taken 20 years ago show higher levels of satisfaction with the health service.
    B Not everyone who wants to use the private sector can afford to.
    C People are not prepared to pay higher taxes to fund better standards in the health service.
    D Public expectations of the health service keep rising.
    E The private sector always offers high quality services.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really good at all the argument ones but rubbish at some of the problem solving ones.
    Im the same... I was praticing spatial awareness on http://www.psychometric-success.com/...20Test%201.pdf

Seemed helpful...

ReputationRep:

Recent research suggests that, contrary to popular belief, the firms that are making the most
    profit are the ones with the least happy workers. Therefore firms that deliberately make their
    workers unhappy can expect a rise in profits.

Which of the following identifies the main flaw in this argument?

A Unhappy workers are likely to leave their jobs.
    B It assumes workers are unhappy because of their work.
    C It assumes that unhappiness causes a rise in profits.
    D It assumes that there are no other factors than worker attitudes which determine profits.
    E It assumes that customers are displeased when served by discontented staff.

I really can't decide between B and D. Maybe an explanation from someone who trusts he can do so?:eek3:
    Is it not C? As the argument is assuming that unhappiness in the workforce leads to profits as opposed to workers becoming unhappy as their employer begins to focus on increasing profits...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Is it not C? As the argument is assuming that unhappiness in the workforce leads to profits as opposed to workers becoming unhappy as their employer begins to focus on increasing profits...?
    Hm...could well be. If I understand you correctly you mean that the argument assumes that unhappiness is a cause rather than a symptom of high profits? I think it's all very blurred. Maybe I'm just being a bit stupid

When you encounter a question like this. Do you try to formulate the flaw in your mind before you look at the answers or do you just look at them right away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Graphix)
    Page 36/37/38 of this thread...

...I think it was trollman who posted it as an attachment...

EDIT: Ooops judging by Stashup's post it seems to be page 32!!
    Sorry, how many posts per page do you show? As it won't be page 32 for me as I have my settings as 60 posts per page. If you'd be able to go to the post and copy the post number link for me, that'd be great.

+rep for anyone that can.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone completed the last 20questions of the 2006nov CIE paper?? If so, please post the answers! i want to compare them with mine...

ReputationRep:
    Hm...could well be. If I understand you correctly you mean that the argument assumes that unhappiness is a cause rather than a symptom of high profits? I think it's all very blurred. Maybe I'm just being a bit stupid

When you encounter a question like this. Do you try to formulate the flaw in your mind before you look at the answers or do you just look at them right away?
    Is the flaw not that the two things are unrelated and that they're mistaking a correlation for a cause and effect

(So I'd go with C)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, how many posts per page do you show? As it won't be page 32 for me as I have my settings as 60 posts per page. If you'd be able to go to the post and copy the post number link for me, that'd be great.

+rep for anyone that can.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=623

ReputationRep:
    has anyone answered the following..(workings please)
    44 A bus company needs to have 13 buses operating every day of the week. Cleaning and
    servicing requirements mean that each bus is not available for operating services two days per
    week.
    What is the smallest number of buses the company must have to ensure that 13 buses can be
    available every day?
    A 17
    B 18
    C 19
    D 20
    E 21

and question 23 in the CIE nov 2006 paper1??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.