Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    i just did the november 2007 paper any guidance on what i ot right/why i didnt would be very helpful thank you!

Spoiler:
    Show

1 b
    2 b
    3 a
    4 c
    5 e
    6 a
    7 b
    8 d
    9 b
    10 c
    11 a
    12 d
    13 b
    14 d
    15 c
    16 d
    17 12,9,5,7,5
    18 a
    19 a
    20 d
    21 n/a
    22 a
    23 no idea lol!
    24 a, c
    25 b
    26 c
    27 a
    28 d
    29 b
    30 b
    31 d
    32 c
    33 c
    34 d
    35 d
    36 c
    37 b
    38 e
    39 a
    40 c
    41 b
    42 a
    43 d
    44 c
    45 c
    46 a
    47 c or d
    48 d
    49 s
    50 b

Sorry- just is random.. but apply to LSE! The atmosphere's incredible, and a brilliant location. 50%-undg and 50%postg, so many international students..you'd make friends from all walks of life! and esp if your doing poltics, it would be AMAZING! I also prefer it to both imperial and UCL..sadly, they don't offer my course! Only bad thing- the head of the student union supports aston villa! (YUCK ) :P

ReputationRep:
    *this

(Original post by amy123123)
    Sorry- just is random.. but apply to LSE! The atmosphere's incredible, and a brilliant location. 50%-undg and 50%postg, so many international students..you'd make friends from all walks of life! and esp if your doing poltics, it would be AMAZING! I also prefer it to both imperial and UCL..sadly, they don't offer my course! Only bad thing- the head of the student union supports aston villa! (YUCK ) :P
    haha but i dont do maths do it may be a complete waste....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaderk)
    I tried it with tissue, is that allowed lol?

Also i'm having trouble with question 49 and 50 on the 2008 paper. 49 seems like an easy one but i just dont get how they got their answer.
    I can't be bothered to check but is 49 the one with the energy costs?

I got this wrong too - but after checking it I think they also included the cost of the logs for fire...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)

I really dont understand how you got C, considering the conclusion is "by examining genetic makeup,
    we will be able to identify those individuals who are at risk of developing heart disease" :confused:

Our answers are different for 4 and 11 too.

I was talking about this question:

(Original post by Stashup)

Recent research suggests that, contrary to popular belief, the firms that are making the most
    profit are the ones with the least happy workers. Therefore firms that deliberately make their
    workers unhappy can expect a rise in profits.

Which of the following identifies the main flaw in this argument?

A Unhappy workers are likely to leave their jobs.
    B It assumes workers are unhappy because of their work.
    C It assumes that unhappiness causes a rise in profits.
    D It assumes that there are no other factors than worker attitudes which determine profits.
    E It assumes that customers are displeased when served by discontented staff.

I really can't decide between B and D. Maybe an explanation from someone who trusts he can do so?:eek3:
    :also confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rev_pain)
    I was talking about this question:

:also confused:

Oh never mind me then, I obviously quoted the wrong person :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGtips92)
    You may well be right and I may be wrong but I'm just not sure...

If 13 buses per day, 7 days a week: that's 91 bus slots.

I want each bus to have 5 slots (since it can then have 2 cleaning days) so 91/5= 18.2 which means a minimum of 19 buses, so C?

Anyone..?
    I think you're right because this way you're saying how many bus slots you need - 91. Then you're optimising each bus to 5 uses a week so 91/5 gives the total slots divided by the maximum slots per bus, therefore 19 must be the minimum .

ReputationRep:
    Just marked my attempt at the specimen and got 42/50 , I was wondering what others have scored on this so I can roughly guage whether this is good enough or not??..

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody on the first page of the 2008 paper it says "All questions are worth one mark." I thought there was a different system weighing each question individually?!

ReputationRep:
    Izinku
    The Mark Scheme for the CIE November 2006 you can find here (page 7):
    http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/schools/..._all_p1_ms.pdf

Anwsers to almost all CIE Thinking Skills tests... I just wonder where can I find the rest of those tests. It looks like a jar full of sweets as for me

Oh, and Hertford PPE aplicant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy123123)
    http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications...def_id=765_804

paper1.

(could you please post your answers if you do it..)

could you post yours? I'm not from UK and Eng is not my first language, so I won't help much

Tnx

ReputationRep:
    Dudes, could anyone post their answers for the 2006 paper questions 21. to 45. ? (English is not my first language, so I'd better not post mine )

ReputationRep:
    have just finished the 2008 paper. 47/50. i am so happy right now

ReputationRep:
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salparadise)
    I've got the same or similar on all the specimens and 'Thinking Skills papers. I want to do better as I'm compensating for medicore GCSEs and as other people's apparent scores on here show, others will be getting 90% plus. On the day-in two days!!:eek:

Also, I may well panic and get a lower score than I've done calmly sitting in my room. It seems discovering the algebraic methods for the more complex questions is key as it is much faster and more accurate than simply attempting all the options.

I know little of how TSA results are used. On the open day a tutour said they use them to eliminate the bottom third (TSA score-wise) and they influence their evaluation of the other 2/3. In this case it is relative marking and a score of 90% would be of no benefit if everyone else scored 95!
    Instead of worrying what mark you need to get or how much better you need to do than others or how the TSA is used, why not just keep working / reading / practising tests over the next 2 days and go in there and do your best... if you don't then get an interview, then at least you know you couldn't have done any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salparadise)
    I've got the same or similar on all the specimens and 'Thinking Skills papers. I want to do better as I'm compensating for medicore GCSEs and as other people's apparent scores on here show, others will be getting 90% plus. On the day-in two days!!:eek:

Also, I may well panic and get a lower score than I've done calmly sitting in my room. It seems discovering the algebraic methods for the more complex questions is key as it is much faster and more accurate than simply attempting all the options.

I know little of how TSA results are used. On the open day a tutour said they use them to eliminate the bottom third (TSA score-wise) and they influence their evaluation of the other 2/3. In this case it is relative marking and a score of 90% would be of no benefit if everyone else scored 95!
    I understand you wanting to do better, it seems some of the people in this forum will be getting 45+ and I would just naturally feel disadvantaged going into an interview with less than 40 if not 45. I think theres an argument to say once you have an interview then the TSA becomes less important but going into it with a top mark can only improve their overall evaluation of you. Its a shame we only get to find out our scores in January I wouldve liked to have known mine before the interview (assuming I'll get one) lol :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Instead of worrying what mark you need to get or how much better you need to do than others or how the TSA is used, why not just keep working / reading / practising tests over the next 2 days and go in there and do your best... if you don't then get an interview, then at least you know you couldn't have done any more.
    Your reply was much more helpful than mine :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thats the approach everyone should have with exams.

I know people that worked really hard all through year 12 then were dissapointed with their grades, so decided they needed to work harder and are revising loads now for retakes. Im just like, should just do your best then just come to terms with whatever happens.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any practice TSA essay questions for E&M applicants, other than the ones already in TSA 2008 and Specimen paper. Thanks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.