The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Do any of you guys think i will be alright in the interview (fingers crossed i get one) if i have only read political philosophy books like Wolff and big man Mill? Also, do you have any techniques in answering the different TSA questions, like flaws and conclusions questions?
Reply 861

Help!!!!

Answers:

Spoiler

abe231
Thanks. Could you provide the link to the website where it mentions that?

Site's down but I believe it's in the FAQs
Reply 863
Does anyone have answers for the nov07?
Reply 864
Could someone pls upload the TSA Specimen as well :biggrin: (and the specification..........)
Reply 865
j1991
anyone have the TSA 2006 paper?

BUMP
izinku

Help!!!!

Answers:

Spoiler

43: we're looking for something to do with when the population gets too high, many die but lots are born so...
a)births need to be high when food is insufficient so NO (if it was the wrong way round it'd be ok i think)
b)irrelevant to what i mentioned
c)would be constant each year then so NO
d)maybe
e)would be constant each year then so NO

therefore d

45:
after:BBBABABAABABAA

but before was ABABABABABABABA so how could this most easily have changed? Right, there were 8 As and 7 Bs and now there's 7 of both so an A must be removed. It could be most effectively moved at the start to get the BBB thing going on so its: BABABABABABABA..... now 1) take that first A and put it at the end giving us BBABABABABABAA... and 2) take the bold b out and put it at the front giving BBBABABAABABAA. tadah.

therefore 2 items.

I think...
Reply 867
Sorry, I must be being really stupid here, but in Nov 2007 paper, for question 3, I keep getting 12.22pm which is C and not A. What am I doing wrong?

Question 3
I have several jobs to do tomorrow morning. To save time I am going to try and
do several jobs at once. I need to be finished by 3pm when I have to meet a
friend. The jobs take the following amount of time:
Train journey to meet my friend 40 mins
Wash my hair 25 mins
Read my revision notes 30 mins
Walk to the train station 10 mins
Watch my favourite television program 30 mins
Ring my mum on my mobile 3 mins
Paint my nails 20 mins
What is the latest time I need to start?
a. 1.15pm
b. 1pm
c. 12.22pm
d. 1.50pm
e. 2.10pm

40 + 25+ 30 + 10 + 30 + 20 ( all acitivites to be carried out) = 158 mins

which is 2 hours 38 mins,

3. PM - 2 hrs 38 mins = C - 12.22 pm ?!?
Reply 868
j1991
Sorry, I must be being really stupid here, but in Nov 2007 paper, for question 3, I keep getting 12.22pm which is C and not A. What am I doing wrong?

Question 3
I have several jobs to do tomorrow morning. To save time I am going to try and
do several jobs at once. I need to be finished by 3pm when I have to meet a
friend. The jobs take the following amount of time:
Train journey to meet my friend 40 mins
Wash my hair 25 mins
Read my revision notes 30 mins
Walk to the train station 10 mins
Watch my favourite television program 30 mins
Ring my mum on my mobile 3 mins
Paint my nails 20 mins
What is the latest time I need to start?
a. 1.15pm
b. 1pm
c. 12.22pm
d. 1.50pm
e. 2.10pm

40 + 25+ 30 + 10 + 30 + 20 ( all acitivites to be carried out) = 158 mins

which is 2 hours 38 mins,

3. PM - 2 hrs 38 mins = C - 12.22 pm ?!?

you have to bear in mind that you´re able to do a few activities at the same time as it states in the question.
soo, backwards:

-40min. train (but you can also read your revision notes while on the train!)
-10min. walk
-25min. washing hair
-30min. TV (in that time I can both paint my nails AND phone my mum)

this would mean: 40 + 10 + 25 + 30= 1h 45min.

3.00-1.45= 1.15pm

ok?
guys the website is working again. I think you are going to have to try and go on at a non-peak time when it comes to like the day before the exam, as its probably cos so many people were going on it that it crashed.
Anyway a lot of people have asked me where the november 2006 paper is, well the link is here, if you guys had bothered to search either this thread or the 2008 one you would have seen it!! :p:
http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/uppersec/alevel/subject/aleveldetails?assdef_id=765_804
And btw even a zip version of the files are too big for me to upload and im not giong to send it to everyone who has asked me it would take hours!! :smile::p:
just based on what people got from the specimen or the 08 paper, would it be that the average is around 40/50 or even more?
Reply 871
I can't wait till this is over on wednesday, it's like a cloud hanging over me currently.
Alastor
I can't wait till this is over on wednesday, it's like a cloud hanging over me currently.

I know!! But then you have to worry about the interview and then whether you get an offer...oh well :woo:
Reply 873
Merk that Sike of a Mike
Ok guys lots of people have asked for someone to post up the papers because the websites down.
I've got them all but the attachment limit on the website only lets me publish the mark schemes =S
and the mark scheme for the nov 2006 paper which i've also found on my computer, thought you guys might find it useful =D

Merk that Sike of a Mike, I love you! thanks so much! :smile:
Quick question: does anyone have the real (i.e. not their answers) answers to the 2007 paper?

I've looked through this thread and I can't see them but I thought I saw that someone posted the real mark-scheme a while ago. Thanks!
vivianyuen
just based on what people got from the specimen or the 08 paper, would it be that the average is around 40/50 or even more?

On TSR, perhaps. I'd guess that that's slightly above average though.
Reply 876
They say anything over 80% (40/50) is very good. Stop worrying^^ I personally just did the 2008 one, ran out of time and so I often end up in the low to mid 30's which is like 65-70%
Reply 877
I am not sure whthwe anyone explained it yet but I couldn´t find the anwer...
the 2007 Paper Q13:
It takes 12 men 2 hours to dig a hole two feet wide by two feet deep, how long will it take 6 men to dig a hole twice as long, wide and deep?
a 32
b 8
c 64
d 4
e 24

please help....
Thaaanks :smile:
Reply 878
Guys this might seem like a stupid question, but please help me out! I am taking the TSA at a British Council Center. Do I have to send the university the results of the TSA exam (like one has to send SAT scores to universities in the US) or does the cambridge assessment do it automatically for us?

Thanks a lot!
Reply 879
ankira105
Guys this might seem like a stupid question, but please help me out! I am taking the TSA at a British Council Center. Do I have to send the university the results of the TSA exam (like one has to send SAT scores to universities in the US) or does the cambridge assessment do it automatically for us?

Thanks a lot!

don't worry, you don't have to send your results to the university, the test centres will do it for you, in fact you won't even know your results before january, long after the interviews and the decisions so this would be impossible..

Latest

Trending

Trending