Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    45000-5000 = 40000 taxable income.

1000 for the first 10000 ie. 10%
    7500 for the rest i.e. 25% of 30000

total tax = 8500

= B

Having done my accounting exams this morning it'd be lovely if questions like this came up. doubt it though.

u beat me to it =P

ReputationRep:
    It's like, 36 hours until the TSA :awesome:

But seriously, does concentrating/working hard for 90 minutes like, hurt anyone else's brain? Like, I actually have to have a mental rest afterwards...

I'm not good at waking up. Doing the TSA in the morning is gonna kill me

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna really take my time on weds. as it is, I always finish with around 20 minutes to spare so i might as well be a bit more thoughtful on the tougher questions.

guys you know on the 2008 paper the question with the pie chart? i know its really silly but how do you get your ans, do you just estimate the size of the largest as a fraction or what? if someone posts a link you guys will know what i mean lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trollman)
    guys you know on the 2008 paper the question with the pie chart? i know its really silly but how do you get your ans, do you just estimate the size of the largest as a fraction or what? if someone posts a link you guys will know what i mean lol
    IIRC, the trick with that one was to tilt your head in order to see clearly that one of the sections is 1/4.

ReputationRep:
    I am panicking now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    I am panicking now.
    Relax.

You survived the TSA last year after all

ReputationRep:
    lol I was quite relaxed until I saw that I have to take a ******* ferry crossing lake Konstanz to get to my TSA-destination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    Relax.

You survived the TSA last year after all
    I genuinely hope that TSR's TSA results are not representative :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    How does Q44 on the 2008 paper work? It's the one with the carpets -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stashup)
    lol I was quite relaxed until I saw that I have to take a ******* ferry crossing lake Konstanz to get to my TSA-destination
    ur taking it at Salem?

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely hope that TSR's TSA results are not representative :eek3:
    no, I really don't think they are...To fall beneath 60% would suck balls but anything else won't mean the end of your application I think...or our application :-P

Got another link to cheer us up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9rytUeq62k

EDIT: especially cos' I think he sings "My head is a box filled with nothing and that's the way I like it" fits our situation perfectly

Yep, taking it in Salem. You too? Gonna meet fresh Mr. Niedinger?^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kneechuh)
    5 is C. If you pull 7 lipsticks out, you're definitely going to have either a pink or red lipstick. Therefore, when pulling out the varnish, whether it's red or pink doesn't matter, as it'll definitely be a match with one of them.

9: can you explain how you got your answer for this? I'm more than likely wrong (as I have no reasoning for my answer apart from we don't know the exact demographics).

25: I was wondering whether it was B or D. I chose D because I thought the main conclusion of the argument was that government intervention was necessary to aid exercise plans in schools, Tesco's coupon scheme shows this isn't necessary.
    Actually, having re-read the question, I've just said something that weakens the argument, not a flaw. In that case, I'd probably go with B :dontknow:

28: Yeah, it was between A or B for me as well. I went for B because the passage is arguing for banning cars completely to combat global warming. B fits nicely with this
    November 2007, just wondering how you got question 8 ? and 3 ?

ReputationRep:
    I just did the TSA 2007 paper and I got different answers to some of them so could someone explain how my answers are wrong.

Spoiler:
    Show

9. D
    20. D
    25. B
    26. C
    28. B
    30. D
    31. E
    32. D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigRed)
    I just did the TSA 2007 paper and I got different answers to some of them so could someone explain how my answers are wrong.

Spoiler:
    Show

9. D
    20. D
    25. B
    26. C
    28. B
    30. D
    31. E
    32. D
    Do you have the answer scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bachmts)
    How does Q44 on the 2008 paper work? It's the one with the carpets -.-
    Well it's the only one where you can lay the long carpet down and its breadth (4) fits in nicely. Then you just fill the rest of the space with the 4x4 carpet. I think this questions sucks a bit because I thought it implies that you can't cut the carpets off at the end (which you do have to do with the 4x4 one here)

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the answer scheme?
    No this is the paper that was posted on here with no mark scheme so it depends on what everyone generally agrees is the answer so some of my answers could be right or wrong. Looking at other people's answers, these are the ones that varied, I just wanted to know why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buffyboy)
    November 2007, just wondering how you got question 8 ? and 3 ?
    Question 3:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Firstly I worked out the stuff that could be done together:
    Read revision notes on the train (40 mins)
    Paint nails & ring mum whilst watching TV (30 mins)
    Then just worked backwards:
    15:00 - 00:40 (train & revision notes) = 14:20
    14:20 - 00:10 (walk) = 14:10
    14:10 - 00:30 (TV & nails & phone) = 13:40
    13:40 - 00:25 (wash hair) = 13:15
    Question 8:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I worked out how much each machine produced in a minute, so:
    130 / 10 = 13
    264 / 12 = 22
    Then formed an equation:
    13m + 22m = 700
    35m = 700
    m = 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigRed)
    No this is the paper that was posted on here with no mark scheme so it depends on what everyone generally agrees is the answer so some of my answers could be right or wrong. Looking at other people's answers, these are the ones that varied, I just wanted to know why.

I am going to do it now and post my answers in an hour.....

ReputationRep:
    I am going to do it now and post my answers in an hour.....
    ok thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.