Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    Why do you think people would do that?
    Because you get the most points for the most wrongly answered questions. And since you have more time pressure at the end you are more likely to answer those questions wrong.

ReputationRep:
    haha... lol at the German guy... (or the non-German guy who was in Germany at the time...)
    I found section one really hard, and left out the last three questions since I didn't have time- I'm so annoyed with myself- can't believe I didn't have the guts to just guess!!
    Section 2 was good, though. I liked my essay- the one about the electoral system..
    I'm left wondering how much weight is "really" given to the TSA, I know it varies between different colleges but I really hope it doesn't count too much!

Anyone know when the results are officially out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izinku)
    Why do you think people would do that?
    A while ago there was discussion on this thread about the advantages of such an approach. :p:

ReputationRep:
    OMG yeh the multiple choice questons were quite hard :confused: ..espciallyy the maths one..they required too muchh time too think!!!

the essays aswell seemed much harder than the 2 previous exam sets they've had..i did the rational one regarding reasoning for actions etc...but overalll itss sooo hardd to knw how welll we do :|

anyone here applied for PPE? ive applied to St edmund hall... anyone?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Haha, does anyone remember the logic question to do with a place called 'Metallica'? That really made me mentally laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llacerta)
    Haha, does anyone remember the logic question to do with a place called 'Metallica'? That really made me mentally laugh.
    Yeah that was cool but I think I got it wrong because I rushed myself and didn't want do calculate all of the paths^^ It was especially funny for me because when I got home I watched some MTV and the first song that came on was Metallica-Enter Sandman

ReputationRep:
    PPE regents park.

btw thanks to amy here.

there was this question where I could you use t1 + t2 = t3

i think it was "x/2km/h + x/4km/h = 4,5h" for the up/down hill question.
    (was this in the test or in a paper i did before?^^)

anyway, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I found section 1 ok, I started at the back and did the last ten questions in reverse order and then went to the front. I even had 15 mins at the end to look through the qu's I wasnt sure about. What did you get for the last question (about the multicoloured triangle)? For the second part, considering I want to study E&M, I did the question about the effects on society of increased life expectancy. Unfortunately, after a reasonable start, the essay descended into a rambling mess ....hopefully they will care more about the section 1 score.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even remember most of the questions! I think Iv blanked them out. I only remember the one about the bank holidays with the disappointed man because his granny told him she couldnt buy him a present when she was away coz it was always a public holiday. (didnt get the answer to this one lol). I also remember the one about the old man that walked up hills at a rate of 2km per hour coz it made me want to laugh...poor old man.

ReputationRep:
    i got 3 days for that Granny public holiday thing. did anyone else get this??

ReputationRep:
    when is the earliest one could hear about interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keynesismyhomeboy)
    I had five. At least there were five consecutive days in april, but it may be that they were in the same country or so? (don't know if that was prohibited, guess i forgot to look for that)

ReputationRep:
    I put 3 days in the end! Only because it was the longest run of public holidays I could see. lol

The question I spent far too much time on and still didnt get was the one about Sally and her gardening with the roof? and the 25 square metres? and the water butt thing?

not a clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TsarinaMeg)
    haha... lol at the German guy... (or the non-German guy who was in Germany at the time...)
    I found section one really hard, and left out the last three questions since I didn't have time- I'm so annoyed with myself- can't believe I didn't have the guts to just guess!!
    Section 2 was good, though. I liked my essay- the one about the electoral system..I'm left wondering how much weight is "really" given to the TSA, I know it varies between different colleges but I really hope it doesn't count too much!

Anyone know when the results are officially out?
    was there one about the elctoral system or did i just not pay attention to the paper????

I did the capital punishment one, it seems i'm the only one here to have done that!

also, apparently colleges realease tsa results at different times so you're meant to call them up and ask.

ReputationRep:
    ok was really hard...

i did the one about increased life expectancy... i could only thinks of two points to write!!!

ReputationRep:
    I spent a while on that one too! After about 3 minutes I realised how much time i'd wasted and got so freaked out that I quickly guessed and moved on. what did everyone put for the question about the architects designing the train stations and their routes?? I selected the Circular route

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwinten)
    I had five. At least there were five consecutive days in april, but it may be that they were in the same country or so? (don't know if that was prohibited, guess i forgot to look for that)
    I put 5 too!!! I worked it out as 5 consecutive days in April too..fingers crossed!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldspeak)
    was there one about the elctoral system or did i just not pay attention to the paper????

I did the capital punishment one, it seems i'm the only one here to have done that!

also, apparently colleges realease tsa results at different times so you're meant to call them up and ask.
    I did that one too!

how did you do it? I did:

Intro: defined humanitarian intervention
    para 1: said why ithink the death penalty is inhumane in terms of freedom
    2: put some arguments in favour of the death penalty forward and tried to defeat them
    3: talked about how the loss of life from an invaision would be far greater than that saved from getting rid of capital punishment
    4: talked about how its all hypothetical anyway cz europe couldnt win such a war so pragmatically ts a pointless situation
    5: talked about how europe might say they are using it as a threat to deter america from capital punishment....but thats one of th key arguments for the death penalty!
    conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kwinten)
    Yeah I got that too =)
    i remember it being 3 days in denmark, then a day in israel and a day in italy lol

ReputationRep:
    I spent a while on that one too! After about 3 minutes I realised how much time i'd wasted and got so freaked out that I quickly guessed and moved on. what did everyone put for the question about the architects designing the train stations and their routes?? I selected the Circular route
    I think it was simple in that you just counted how many vertices had how many edges, like one diagram has (for example) 2 vertices with 2 edges coming off it, and 3 vertices with 3 edges coming off it, and whichever one was the odd one out was the wrong one? Maybe?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.